Technics Cartridge

CKone

Jan 12, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I bought a technice SL-100C, connected it up to my preamp/amp and Tannoy speakers and Prodigy Firestarter. All was fine until Keith's vocals kicked in which were muffled. I checked the turntable leveling. wiring, grounding, everything was fine. So I flipped out the cartridge (VM95C I think) for my old WM95E from my Audio Technica 120. Sounds perfect. I don't want to go through the return process at amazon if there's something simple I'm missing here and it's not a faulty WM95C. The 95C is noticably lighter than the E and the arm is pretty rocky with it installed, while the E holds very steady.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong and is the E better than the C anyway?

Separately, any good suggestions for a good <200$ cartridge?

Hi, I bought a technice SL-100C, connected it up to my preamp/amp and Tannoy speakers and Prodigy Firestarter. All was fine until Keith's vocals kicked in which were muffled. I checked the turntable leveling. wiring, grounding, everything was fine. So I flipped out the cartridge (VM95C I think) for my old WM95E from my Audio Technica 120. Sounds perfect. I don't want to go through the return process at amazon if there's something simple I'm missing here and it's not a faulty WM95C. The 95C is noticably lighter than the E and the arm is pretty rocky with it installed, while the E holds very steady.

Anyone know what I might be doing wrong and is the E better than the C anyway?

Separately, any good suggestions for a good <200$ cartridge?
if you mean Audio Technica cartridges and I guess you do then yes. At a guess the C means conical and the E meand elliptical so E is better than C.
When you say noticeably lighter have you set the correct tracking force? By that I mean do you have anything to measure it?
The stylus change shouldn't alter it that much but it could.
If you don't like what you got then return it rather than try to create another bodge job.

CKone

Jan 12, 2022
Visit site
I messed around with the weight and changing it significantly sets the C down properly and sounds good now. If I change it back to the E I'm dialing back the weight quite a bit to get it back

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts