Tape out - A multi room solution?

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Just picking up on something Neon K mentioned in Joels most recent thread.

I have speaker cable already laid into the kitchen from my sitting room set up as an old amp of mine had a/b speaker option - and very useful it was too. Can I use tape out on my passive pre amp to run another amp to power these speakers? Will it play from the same source as the main amp?

Bloody good news if it did.

A

Anonymous

Lord Mortlock, Yes, so long as you connect the tape-out to the input of an integrated amp, so you can control the volume. Don't connect the tape-out directly to another Power amp. In your situation since your Pre is passive I would keep the interconnect short. You can use an old existing integrated you may have for your second-zone, or get a small one input amp such as this:

whatHiFiTA10_UK.bmp

EDIT: Okay, looking at your kit, you may want something with more oomph for your other room!

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Neon K - thank you so much for this information. I've really been missing music in the kitchen and although I've got airport express streaming to the bedrooms I'm not sure I can face setting up another one and I haven't really got an obvious space for another stack in the kitchen. I only need to power (dare I say it here?) a little Bose 2.1 system so the above could well be ideal.

Thanks again - brilliant news!

TRENDING THREADS