Tannoy Stirling III LZ Special Edition

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atladude

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
I've confirmed with Tannoy that they didn't supply the loudspeakers used in the review.

Tannoy's UK distributor provided the review samples. The distributor does not know how long the speakers were used before the reviewer got them; they only confirmed they had some use.

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
I've confirmed with Tannoy that they didn't supply the loudspeakers used in the review.

Tannoy's UK distributor provided the review samples. The distributor does not know how long the speakers were used before the reviewer got them; they only confirmed they had some use.

Which proves what?

Either they were real Tannoy speakers or they were not real Tannoy speakers. Everything else in terms of who sent them is irrelevant.

Since you brought up about where they are from, let's explore:

View: https://youtu.be/jloSNU3s670

Last edited:

atladude

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Which proves what?

Either they were real Tannoy speakers or they were not real Tannoy speakers. Everything else in terms of who sent them is irrelevant.

Since you brought up about where they are from, let's explore:

View: https://youtu.be/jloSNU3s670
To get you up to speed, my original post was my hypothesis that the reviewed speakers were not broken in. Why? The reviewer's description of the sound is precisely how Tannoys sound before they are broken in.

Other commenters made suggestions that Tannoy sent their "gold samples" to the reviewer. And that Tannoy went over the speakers "with a fine tooth comb" before sending them to the reviewer. None of this is true. Tannoy didn't send any speakers to the reviewer.

Tannoys take between 500-1000 hours to get into their groove. The UK distributor does not know how many hours were on the speakers.

Break-in time is not irrelevant.

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
To get you up to speed, my original post was my hypothesis that the reviewed speakers were not broken in. Why? The reviewer's description of the sound is precisely how Tannoys sound before they are broken in.

Other commenters made suggestions that Tannoy sent their "gold samples" to the reviewer. And that Tannoy went over the speakers "with a fine tooth comb" before sending them to the reviewer. None of this is true. Tannoy didn't send any speakers to the reviewer.

Tannoys take between 500-1000 hours to get into their groove. The UK distributor does not know how many hours were on the speakers.

Break-in time is not irrelevant.
Honest question - not trying to argue:

Are you suggesting that What Hi-Fi did not break in the speaker adequately and thus failed in their duties to present an effective review? Or that the distributor failed in their duties as a knowledgable and effective distributor to make sure the speakers were ready to go for such an important review?

It's also possible per your post that there WERE 1,000 hours break in and they are just poorly performing speakers - since the distributor is unable to say, correct?

Again, not being argumentative, just trying to understand why we just can't accept the review at face value rather than making all these excuses for "maybe, kinda, could have been, making things up" hypothesis.

Also, you are still welcome to support your claim you posted on the above video about the veracity of is contents. Many people posted asking you for details on what you claimed and you never responded to anyone. I openly support your opportunity to provide facts and be heard and want you to be able to have a free opportunity to get your viewpoint and message out in an un-edited way. Thank you.

atladude

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Honest question - not trying to argue:

Are you suggesting that What Hi-Fi did not break in the speaker adequately and thus failed in their duties to present an effective review? Or that the distributor failed in their duties as a knowledgable and effective distributor to make sure the speakers were ready to go for such an important review?

It's also possible per your post that there WERE 1,000 hours break in and they are just poorly performing speakers - since the distributor is unable to say, correct?

Again, not being argumentative, just trying to understand why we just can't accept the review at face value rather than making all these excuses for "maybe, kinda, could have been, making things up" hypothesis.

Also, you are still welcome to support your claim you posted on the above video about the veracity of is contents. Many people posted asking you for details on what you claimed and you never responded to anyone. I openly support your opportunity to provide facts and be heard and want you to be able to have a free opportunity to get your viewpoint and message out in an un-edited way. Thank you.
I don't believe reviewers have any responsibility to break-in products themselves. The products they receive should be ready to go.

I believe the distributor failed to ensure the product was ready for review. However, this is also a failure of Tannoy as they don't publish guidelines for their distributors stating any minimum amount of usage before a product is sent for review.

It is certainly possible the review sample did have 1000 hours. However, being quite knowledgeable on the subject, this product does not sound like what the reviewer described after it is fully broken-in.

I'm not sure what you are getting at regarding the video. At 27 seconds into the video, the narrator says, "Tannoy is dead." I didn't watch any further. Sensationalism isn't my thing.

If Tannoy is dead, who is setting up this booth at the Bristol Hi-Fi show right now? I spy four models that are less than one year old on display in this booth.

1708637439201.png

Clearly, Tannoy isn't dead. So, that statement was an exaggeration. Are there other exaggerated statements in the video? I don't know; I didn't watch much of it.

Dead companies don't go to trade shows. Dead companies don't release new products. So, why would anyone make such exaggerated statements? And who stands to benefit from these statements?

Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
I don't believe reviewers have any responsibility to break-in products themselves. The products they receive should be ready to go.

I believe the distributor failed to ensure the product was ready for review. However, this is also a failure of Tannoy as they don't publish guidelines for their distributors stating any minimum amount of usage before a product is sent for review.

It is certainly possible the review sample did have 1000 hours. However, being quite knowledgeable on the subject, this product does not sound like what the reviewer described after it is fully broken-in.

I'm not sure what you are getting at regarding the video. At 27 seconds into the video, the narrator says, "Tannoy is dead." I didn't watch any further. Sensationalism isn't my thing.

If Tannoy is dead, who is setting up this booth at the Bristol Hi-Fi show right now? I spy four models that are less than one year old on display in this booth.

View attachment 6201

Clearly, Tannoy isn't dead. So, that statement was an exaggeration. Are there other exaggerated statements in the video? I don't know; I didn't watch much of it.

Dead companies don't go to trade shows. Dead companies don't release new products. So, why would anyone make such exaggerated statements? And who stands to benefit from these statements?

Interesting - you admit to not watching, you admit to not knowing what was said in to explain the title, yet you have an opinion.

I think it's a slippery slope to accuse and slander with no evidence the UK distributor in stating they failed. I'm sure they won't take kindly to that.

You are still welcome to back up your post on my video should you choose to. I will support your opportunity to be heard.

Since you didn't watch the video but you chose to comment on it anyway, I won't bother to respond to your statements. That would be silly to have a conversation with someone who admits to being uniformed about a topic.

I do wish you the best of luck with Tannoy in the US. Hopefully honesty and integrity will be at the forefront of how they conduct business. I know they posted that sometime in 2024 they would "bring forth new transparency" on FB, though we've yet to see it. Always interesting when a company needs to promise to finally be transparent.

It would be nice if they got back to the ways of the "old Tannoy" we all loved and respected. I'm not sure anyone recognizes the new Music Tribe speaker. Tannoy hasn't released a "new" product in forever. And if this review is their "new product", who would want to see or hear any others from them?

Last edited:

atladude

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Interesting - you admit to not watching, you admit to not knowing what was said in to explain the title, yet you have an opinion.

I think it's a slippery slope to accuse and slander with no evidence the UK distributor in stating they failed. I'm sure they won't take kindly to that.

You are still welcome to back up your post on my video should you choose to. I will support your opportunity to help correct the negative perception your comment caused as many of the viewers commented on in the video.

Since you didn't watch the video but you chose to commit on it anyway, I won't bother to respond to your statements. That would be silly to have a conversation with someone who admits to being uniformed about a topic. Thankfully I still have all the screenshots of what was said and of Angie. She was quite interesting.

I do wish you the best of luck with Tannoy in the US. Hopefully honesty and integrity will be at the forefront of how they conduct business. I know they posted that sometime in 2024 they would "bring forth new transparency" on FB, though we've yet to see it. Always interesting when a company needs to promise to finally be transparent.

It would be nice if they got back to the ways of the "old Tannoy" we all loved and respected. I'm not sure anyone recognizes the new Music Tribe speaker. Tannoy hasn't released a "new" product in forever. And if this review is their "new product", who would want to see or hear any others from them?

The UK distributor does not know how many hours were on the speakers. If that question can't be answered, you can call it whatever you like. In my opinion, more should be known about a product being submitted for review.

My understanding now is that you made this video. So you are here promoting your video?

Have the sensationalist comments been good for your views, likes, and follows?

The only opinion I stated regarding the video was of the part that I watched. I don't have any opinions on any part of the video I didn't watch; that would be silly.

I guess it was you who said, "Tannoy is dead"? Well, Tannoy isn't dead. It sounds like it is you who should be qualifying your opinions.

If I recall, the post you are referring to made a singular offer of goodwill to you. Did you accept that offer? No, you did not.

It is clear you have a position to defend, and keeping this 'in play' benefits your YouTube business.

You have taken up enough of my time and goodwill.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2024
Visit site
You may find this hard to believe, but some people working in this industry believe 50 hours of break-in time is enough for any product. They are wrong.

The UK distributor does not know how many hours were on the speakers. If that question can't be answered, you can call it whatever you like. In my opinion, more should be known about a product being submitted for review.

My understanding now is that you made this video. So you are here promoting your video?

Have the sensationalist comments been good for your views, likes, and follows?

The only opinion I stated regarding the video was of the part that I watched. I don't have any opinions on any part of the video I didn't watch; that would be silly.

I guess it was you who said, "Tannoy is dead"? Well, Tannoy isn't dead. It sounds like it is you who should be qualifying your opinions.

If I recall, the post you are referring to made a singular offer of goodwill to you. Did you accept that offer? No, you did not.

It is clear you have a position to defend, and keeping this 'in play' benefits your YouTube business.

You have taken up enough of my time and goodwill.

Best of luck to you.

I didn't link to my video in this thread first - others did. There was never any offer to me. You made a blanket statement about the entire video. You got called out for it. I asked you repeatedly to respond. You never did.

No one ever contacted me nor commented on the video past your one post gaslighting. I have screenshots and can show it even though you recently deleted it. Instead, former Tannoy people and distributors reached out to me with overwhelming and frankly damning claims and photos.

If you'd watched before commenting you'd see I did the video as someone who was going to buy Tannoy for myself.

Then I uncovered the, shall we say, inconsistencies that the Tannoy distributors states about the product vs. reality. I found that to be very problematic and disturbing if true.

Then it was going to be a small video I did but you helped it go mainstream when you posted what you did and elicited the many responses from people who called out your post.

Based on what I uncovered I did not buy Tannoy and did a video on what I learned. Tannoy chose not to answer me when I reached out to them for clarity. You chose not to respond when repeatedly asked for clarity.

The only sensationalism I see is people trying to do everything to keep up the "cloak and dagger" approach to keep people from talking about the REAL issue.

If honesty about a product and what is claimed vs truth is sensationalism, then we have fallen far as a society.

I certainly wouldn't want to be a Tannoy distributor with all that is going on and now this poor review. Yikes.

I will not engage you any further. I wish you the best of luck with the atmosphere you've created around Tannoy.

Last edited:

atladude

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
I didn't link to my video in this thread first - others did. There was never any offer to me. You made a blanket statement about the entire video. You got called out for it. I asked you repeatedly to respond. You never did.

No one ever contacted me nor commented on the video past you one post gaslighting. I have screenshots even though you recently deleted it.

If you'd watched before commenting you'd see I did the video as someone who was going to buy Tannoy for myself.

Then I uncovered the, shall we say, inconsistencies that the Tannoy distributors states about the product vs. reality. I found that to be very problematic and disturbing if true.

Then it was going to be a small video I did but you helped it go mainstream when you posted what you did and elicited the many responses from people who called out your post.

Based on what I uncovered I did not buy Tannoy and did a video on what I learned. Tannoy chose not to answer me when I reached out to them for clarity. You chose not to respond when repeatedly asked for clarity.

The only sensationalism I see is people trying to do everything to keep up the "cloak and dagger" approach to keep people from talking about the REAL issue.

If honesty about a product and what is claimed vs truth is sensationalism, then we have fallen far as a society.

I certainly wouldn't want to be a Tannoy distributor with all that is going on and now this poor review. Yikes.
I guess I missed the "real" issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts