Tannoy Mercury V1 or Q Acoustics 2010/2010i?

skkayman

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello :) I am asking for a little advice.

I am choosing between these two speakers - I am limited in space and these two are probably only one in that price that will fit my bookshelf. Tannoys will have ~5cm in front out of shelf, I believe it will be ok.

KEF C1/C3 would fit too I think but they have worse reviews..

I can hear QAs but not Tannoys so it's hard to compare. I plan add surround and center later, but no subwoofer (never liked it). I like basses but not woow effect bass (like in comparision Koss porta and Sennheiser PX-100 - I like PX100s :) ).

Is there someone who heard both of these speakers? Price is the +- the same. Will use them in small room (8m^2) with 80W av receiver (will update later someday..).

I prefer musical speakers for many kinds of music (rock, 50s, 60s, classical, ... (no hiphip or pop o_O)). I believe movies will be ok - they are ok now with old crappy speakers :wave:

skkayman

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
thanks for responds!! I take all advices to QAs and borrowed them today for home demo :)

unfortunatelly, I found out they have rear bassreflex! I thought they are closed speakers :( I even had read some review where they said they are closed..

It's a problem because they are less them 1cm from wall :( All photos over internet shows front side and connector's side which is on bottom

and, one speaker is broken so I cannot test them, with one speaker only it's not that great

Do you know any other speakers with less then 20cm in depth? or less then 17cm in width? height can be up to 45cm :D

skkayman

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
hmm, Dali Zeonsor 1 are longer in depth then 2010i :eek: 20cm vs 22cm

and they costs twice as 2010 here :/

What about KEF C1? Bigger brothers C3 got bad review here on whathifi. But they would nicely fit. but cannot demo them, local sellers just like Tannoy doesn't have them. They only can be ordered :/

skkayman

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
but I was looking at Dali website and they have Concept 1 speakers which fits my bookshelf nicely, costs only a little more then my budget, front ported. seems like a winner :) but I have to read reviews (if there are any) before buy

skkayman

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have added Dali Concept 1 and Tangent Evo E4 to my list. I can both demo them at home. Dalis has con that they are ending series so it will be hard to buy surrounds/center/(or sub) later :(

Tangents are closed and really small and nice :)

TRENDING THREADS