TANNOY MERCURY 7.1

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
hi i am planing buy i guess this year TANNOY MERCURY 7.1;

i wonder if somebody have a experience of these speakers, and what are the difference between similar price speakers like Dali zensor 1 etc

ps. i try to find a youtube video to at least hear how it can be sound, but find none and there is not a store in the country i live that sells them, so i guess soon i just buy it online.

What i like these speakers in my litle room i dont need much bass and i like the clear treble they have also i like so much 8 ohms and single wire and high sensitive speakers { the corner stone

mercury7.1_large_4.jpg.jpg
[/b]
Tannoy-Mercury-7.1_990.jpg

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
just in that price i have many like elac debut 5 but the one you say and elac is to much price for me maximun 200 euro i am looking for.

what i had come to conlution after trying so many speakers in my litle room is that:

the more sensitive the better, 8 ohm sound better and bass size should be 5 no more than 6 the tweeter should no be metalic and that is why this tannoy looks great the hole behind i use to have bass in my room i prefer to use the room for bass than having a bass "boom" speaker

this speaker have neodym-magnet tweeter and a frequenzy of 53–32 000Hz that make is good for seen movies ( that use to have no more than 48 khz)

for the price and the look and my preferences i feel there is not better *pardon* but it would be great to hear your thougts anyway and if possible some youtube test *biggrin*
ps. i love how they look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdSrEmjc5hU ps.2 some very good test and info http://www.ljudochbild.se/test/hogtalare/tannoy-mercury-7-1 http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/blog/tannoy-mercury-7-1/

*smile**dirol**biggrin**acute**i-m_so_happy*

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes I just fitted my mates home cinema with them.hes got the floor Stander's on the front which are very large(didnt realise).We were running them on a Yamaha receiver.they not run in yet but they sounded good.The finish on them are great. look fantastic.i think the q acoustics are better (Aspecily with the floor Stander's) and I think the dali's are better too. Personal I would go for the dali's.you say you have a small room maybe you should be looking at a smaller package like Cambridge audio minx or Q acoustic 7000 these can be had second hand for £400

gasolin

seemorebtts said:
Yes I just fitted my mates home cinema with them.hes got the floor Stander's on the front which are very large(didnt realise).We were running them on a Yamaha receiver.they not run in yet but they sounded good.The finish on them are great. look fantastic.i think the q acoustics are better (Aspecily with the floor Stander's) and I think the dali's are better too. Personal I would go for the dali's.you say you have a small room maybe you should be looking at a smaller package like Cambridge audio minx or Q acoustic 7000 these can be had second hand for £400

Ther are just called Tannoy Mercury 7.1 it has nothing to do with surround sound (for surround sound you can use what ever speaker you like)

Dali pico if dali zensor 1 is to expensive or you don't want to buy used

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
gasolin said:
seemorebtts said:

Ther are just called Tannoy Mercury 7.1 it has nothing to do with surround sound (for surround sound you can use what ever speaker you like)

Dali pico if dali zensor 1 is to expensive or you don't want to buy used
[/quoted] sorry. :) as I just helped my mate fit his I got caught up in it all =-O

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i wonder what the sound of these tannoy if we compare to dali zensor 1, spektor 1

ps. so much bad cant these tannoy be *smile* *nea*

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
bubobubo said:
i wonder what the sound of these tannoy if we compare to dali zensor 1, spektor 1

ps. so much bad cant these tannoy be *smile* *nea*
you need to listen to both at your local dealer so you can make your own mind up.what stereo do you have.the 7.1 have that tannoy sound (if you know what I mean) good clear top end very good midrange on these and quite a large bottom end.there very capable but I'm just not a tannoy person.i would have the zensor's

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i wish i could but there is not a single store in Sweden there i can listen to these tannoys, i have listen to other tannoys on youtube they seem to have a clinical sound, if that is what you mean tannoy sound?

maybe it is good for my kind of music, shakuhachi, flute, native american, acoustic like vivaldi and piano works, and of course caribean music

i can listen to dali zensor 1 in a stockholm store but i am waiting to the lektor and then i see, i hope in that time the tannoy should be here too *sad*

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
really like russian roulete everything seems good and papper but if i dont like the sound when i get home *dash1* then the bad luck had shot me hihihihihi

maybe it is more wize in this case to use dali i am thinking now, special when it is a speaker i want to have for years because i have not much money

ps. i have a denon pma-520 ae amp that i like but had not much power and is in 8 ohm so that is also another reason the tannoy look it good on paper

bubobubo

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
i fins a youtube video (i know is not the best to see how it sound) that makes me at least know how it can be the saound, compared to that dali in the video(i belive is zensor 1?) i feel i like more the treble in the tannoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwbqHra85g

ps. the mercury 7.1 can be better than this 7.2

gasolin

Have seen some of the video's

The dalis' are more brighter and the is what we hear, it's not like the mick is suddenly changed and there for the treble could sound more different BUT if the music is not the same with both speakers that could also make a big difference

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts