Tangent DAB-50... £29.95

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Been reading about DAB+ for a while but that doesn't seem to be appearing anytime soon in the UK so to get a bit of experience with DAB I thought the Tangent could be a good start...

Just picked up one from Richers Glasgow, I was expecting it to be awful, well it is a separates DAB tuner for less than £30 from Tangent (a.k.a. Eltax) so the fact it worked when I plugged it in was a good start lol

Well once I had got it to do it's whole autotuning thing (not the most intuitive to get going without reading the manual!) I managed to get an ok signal/sound (have always had probs with radio in my flat, it's basically a huge Faraday cage and the council haven't provided an communal external radio aerial alongside the communal TV one... damn!) It doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would be overall, even build/weight wise it's alot heavier and chunky than my old Kenwood tuner that originally cost £130 10 years ago!

So for £30 am I missing something, or is it an alright buy to get me into the world of wonderfully low bitrate DAB? LOL

Any views on this?

A

Anonymous

I bought this yesterday from Currys for 9.97. A brilliant buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts