Talking Heads

T

the record spot

From "More Songs About Buildings and Food" up to "True Stories" no two albums were the same. Stop Making Sense is probably still my favourite concert movie, Naked, their last official studio album was a bit of a miss for me, but they rarely put a foot wrong. The original releases on Warner Brothers are good too. The DVD-A reissues not bad either.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Haven't played their stuff in ages, currently spinning (on vinyl) 'Remain In Light'. Produced some impressive stuff. Think I'll dig out my other albums....

Utterly glorious. The first five albums are great IMO. I also like 'True Stories' -- more conventional musically, but loads of fun.

Apart from TH, it's also worth trying some of the (rather weird) stuff by David Byrne e.g. 'The Catherine Wheel', and also his found-sound collaboration with Eno 'My Life in the Bush of Ghosts'.

Matt

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
"The name of this band is Talking Heads" (live) was my favorite album for 3 years. Better liked it then "Stop making sense", although i like the DVD of the latter very much. What good music in the late 70's and early 80's!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Would have been either '77 or '78.

Dire Straits could be a good shout. If not, maybe someone else of the Sire label roster. Wild guess, The Rezillos?

KidKomet

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Psycho killer will always be one of my favourite songs. Reminds me of my old man (Just because he used to play it a lot, he's not a homicidal lunatic).

ngibbs

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
One of the most innovative, intelligent and accomplished bands ever imo. Albums like 'Remain in Light', 'Fear of Music' and 'Naked' (imo...) are staggeringly inventive, making everything else from the 80s seem bland by comparison. 'Stop Making Sense' remains in the top three best concert films ever made, along with 'The Last Waltz' and 'Sign o' the Times'.

audiodarkness

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Talking Heads album on vinyl (I think it was live in Berlin), but the quality was shocking, it really put me off. But I have more recently listened to a few bits of theirs through spotify and they are now on my favourates list.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep, Dire Straits supported them. That was some gig to go to. "Dire Straits? Yeah, I've seen them live. They were the support band."

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Little Creatures is a realy good album I had it on in the car on saturday I think they helped the b52s to fame not sure if I dreamt that up :grin: No on second thoughts that was the b52s who helped REM to fame same thing though :rofl:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts