TAG McLaren CDT20R T2L CD Transport

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to possibly replace my existing CDP (Rotel RCD-1070). I love the Rotel, and IMO it punches well above its original price point (£500), so I have ruled out the oft suggested Cyrus/Arcam players and am looking for something a bit special.

The Densen B-420 is on my list to demo, as is a 2nd hand Copland 823 and a Bryston BCD-1, if I can find them to demo.

I then got to thinking about buying a transport, since I have the Audiolab 8000AP, I don't really need a full blown player with DACs.

My question is, how good is the TAG CDT20R T2L, bearing in mind it will be paired with the 8000AP, so won't benefit from the clock synching when paired with a TAG processor?

Does this transport stand up against the players I have listed above?

I know it's my ears and my money and nothing beats a demo, but would appreciate your advice nevertheless.

TIA.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
If you want an absolute bargain of a CD player and something you might not have thought of - i had never considered it due to full retail price - take a look at the MF Xray CDP/DAC v8 cost £800 at moment list price £1800 - just bought one to replace my Roksan Kandy CDP and the difference is staggering!

A

Anonymous

I understand that the T2L version of this transport comes into its own when Sync Linked to a TAG processor, but how does the original CDT20R stand up as a transport?

TIA.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts