Tacima have a new Mains Conditioner - anyone have any experience with it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After the rave reviews and subsequent success of the Tacima CS929 i was surprised to find that Tacima have released a new MC with very little fan-fair(sp?). The unit looks more like the traditional MC/distibution units you would have sitting on your hi-fi rack and, while costing much more than its predecessor, is significantly cheaper than the typical offerings from the likes of Isotek and Russ Andrews.
For these reasons i am very surprised to find that no-one else on this forum has come across it... or have they?

A

Anonymous

just to make it even more obvious - i am NOT talking about the cs929! i am talking about the Tacima SC5690 IF123...
my original post wouldnt make much sense if i was talking about the CS929 now woould it?

A

Anonymous

chebby:different product entirely and been on their website a long time...

http://www.tacima.com/mains_cond3.html

different product to what? that is the product i am talking about... also, when i say "new" i mean in terms of the fact that noone here has mentioned it prior to this...

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes; it does not appear to be new. Amazon says they have been selling it for a little over a year, and Chebby says it has also been on Tacima's website for a while.

ÿ

Edit: Oh, that sense of the word 'new'.. Fair enough. Good question; what is it like?ÿ

A

Anonymous

Arh, this beastie:

http://www.tacima.com/mains_cond1.html

A

Anonymous

chebby:Anyhoo. £150 is a bit rich for me for what it is.

The charm of the Tacima CS929 is that it can slot into a budget hifi (or AV) system for £25 (or not much more) and bring about some tangible improvements.

Agreed. I'm not going to shell out £150 when I paid £20 for the 929 and £17 and £23 for 2 Tacima shielded power cords. Thought it was a replacement for the 929.

A

Anonymous

yes it is more expensive than the CS929 (which i am not a fan of) but it is also incredibly cheaper than its more established rivals - hence my interest as to why no one has tried it or reviewed it...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts