Tacima CS929

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, I am looking to purchase the Tacima CS929 but the length of cable required to reach from the plug socket to my TV and HIFI is 5m long. I understand the lead is only 2m long and so won't be long enough to reach. Is it still effective to run a 3m single gang bog standard extension lead and then plug the Tacima into that to cleanse my mains, or is there a different solution out there that won't involve an electrician and new socket please. Gary

A

Anonymous

Hi Gary. I have the Tacima CS929 and noticed a differance when I started using it. I just plugged it into an old 5m extention and can still notice the difference! There ya go, it will still work.

peanutfrenzy

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
If I was in your position I'd be looking to get the thing apart and fit a longer lead. Probably not helpful, and no liability accepted re. electrocution, but you did ask for an opinion.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="PJPro"]It's not recommended to daisy chain extension cables.[/quote]

Why? I do it, it works fine. Or do you mean aesthetically?

A

Anonymous

Daisy chaining introduces two issues:

1) Potential overloading of the socket due to too many devices on the extensions. (You know once you or your missus see a spare plug it wont stay spare for long. Think Hoover, Hairdryer, curling tongs, beer fridge, etc)
2) Potential for electrical noise from the additional "break-point" between cables.

Number 1 is obviously more of a health and safety issue and as long as you are sensible, should not really be an issue, Number 2 is more subjective and I do not want to spark the age old mains cable debate in this thread, but mention it more from the point of view that extension cables are typically not as snug fitting as wall sockets. Turn out the lights and pull out a plug from a typical extension cable and you will see what I mean (please dont sue me for any "arc-eye" you may experience).

All that said, if you are filtering out the noise at the final end, then you should be ok.

I would agree with looking into getting a longer cable fitted (by a qualified electrician) as a longer term bet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts