Tablet Control of my Home AV System

HiFiScottie

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I'm new on here, a bit of an AV novice, so looking for some guidance please....

I have a Samsung smart TV (soon to be Sony 4k), Marantz AVR + BluRay, Meridian CD, B&W 804s, all HDMI and ethernet network linked via a hub switch to/from a WiFi router. PC and peripherals etc are WiFi connected.

Other than playing CDs and vinyls, I also cast audio and video play files from my Wi-Fi PC which works well.

What I'm looking to do is develop more of a consolidated smart home connected media system. In my mind I'd like to control all stored media via using a Tablet, with photos, audio and video files either from my PC or a new NAS device.

Has anyone done this and if so, what devices and apps worked for you? I'm told I'll need a streamer too, but no idea where that fits in.

Today I added a few audio and photo files to a Samsung tablet, tried to cast/share with my TV and AVR, but it didn't even detect these network devices although WiFi all working ok. So failed at the very first hurdle.

Thanks, Roy

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I use an Amazon Fire tablet to run downloaded aps for out Samsung TVs, Marantz 7010 AVR and a Samsung Smart things hub to control GEz-wave light switches. Works a treat on those, but I haven't tried anything complicated yet.

Samd

Just had a quick butchers at your spec and it seems that your AVR will do that part (streaming) of your needs OK. You need to find out why your tablet and AVR, when on the same wifi network, are not communicating - can't really help you there. Presume Marantz has an app you can access? Once comms are sorted, you should be able to select Net/USB (I think) on your remote which would then give you the option to select NAS/PC and from there, Photos, Music etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts