System Upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been using a Cambridge Audio CD500SE, which i bought while at uni about 6 years ago, which is not getting fixed...again. and have been looking at getting a new CD player. As such i am also questioning the quality of my current components. I have a Pioneer A300 amp, and a pair of Gale 3040 speakers. I know this isn't particularly Hi-Fi but is o.k, but being young when i started off, this is what i could afford. I have a much better audio stuffs in the Music studio, so i can appreciate a better sound setup.

Anyway enough background babble. I want advice on how to proceed: I am considering getting a DAC for my blue ray player (Sony BDP-570). but would I be waisting money, when i should be focussing on my amp or speakers?

I don't have a way of testing what the weakest part of the system is. With the age of my components, I were wondering how much i need to spend to better what I have ?

Would a Blue Ray player & DAC combination be as good a real CD player ? How to the Sony BDP-S570 audio outs compare when playing CD's directly.

I hope all this makes sense, let me know if not, and i can confirm what i need. any advice welcome.

Thanks

T

the record spot

The downside with the DAC on the BR player, will be you lose out on the HD Audio and SACD functionality the Sony (probably - haven't checked the spec, but they are sending out a lot of their BR players with SACD these days) comes with. Not a big deal if that's not important to you, but worth mentioning if it is. Otherwise, it's worth sitting down and comparing with and without.

A

Anonymous

I did not think of that. Thanks for the heads up. I do not have any SACD's so this is not an issue for me at the moment.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts