System upgrade

parlo72

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
My current system is a 1st generation Arcam solo, Arcam airDAC, Castle Pembroke speakers. I've had it (DAC excluded) for 10+ years. It's been great, but I've got the urge and funds to upgrade. The whole system sounds a bit rich / warm and lacking in detail, this is what I'd like to improve on. I am constrained by the shape of the room, one of the speakers has to go up against the chimney brest. The castle speakers aren't too fussy on placement, but a lot of speakers require a metre away from the side wall, this would be in front of the telly. The system needs streaming, bluetooth (Archers on radio iPlayer)

I've got up £3000 I'm thinking

1) Naim Uniti2 and keep the existing speakers

2) Naim Unitiqute 2, Naim NAP100, Kef LS50

3) Cyrus Lyric and keep the speakers

I'd appreciate some advice on these or other possibilities.

It would be worth trying a Naim at home, as they sound different to pretty much any other amp. You might like it; they can sound great in the right system.

Youve already had some good advice on your previous questions, but I'm a bit puzzled as I thought you previously said you'd rejected the LS50 on grounds of lack of bass. I somehow think you need unfussy speakers. I believe some Rega speakers work well against a wall.

You need to find a friendly and patient dealer I think.

parlo72

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I did note that when I had a listen to the LS50s in the shop (with a good few songs to be fair) they didn't sound up to much. However, I spent some time at a friends house who has them, and they grew on me. I guess it comes down to room as much as to the speakers themselves. As well as expectations based upon the current kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts