System upgrade time JBL/PMC/REL

Sliced Bread

It was time for a system overhaul, so I moved from a Yamaha 3060 & B&W cm setup to a PMC / JBL combination. I got a lot of enjoyment out of the yam/ b&w setup, but I’m really pleased with the step up. It’s the first home cinema setup I’ve owned which genuinely engages me equally for movies and music. The system consists of:

PMC Twenty5i 23i, 21i, Ci
JBL Synthesis SDR-35
Rel S3 SHO
IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

Sliced Bread

Howz Synthesis ?
Sorry for the delay, I only log in on occasion.

I move been very pleased with it so far. I moved from a Yamaha a3060 which I also loved. Between the two the Synthesisnis without doubt the more natural and convincing. Vocals in particular are excellent and it’s definitely better than any previous receiver I’ve owned for music.

With that said, compared to the Yamaha it is not a one way street. The a3060 had a very grand larger than life presentation which is hard not to like. On occasion I miss that, but on balance I would not go back.

It is worth noting that you need speakers which will work with the benefits of the Synthesis. When I changed from the Yammy to the Synthesis with my b&w cm series I definitely noticed an improvement in intelligibility, but it was only when I moved to PMC that I really noticed the benefits.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts