system upgrade - cd player?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

For the last 10 years I've been quite happy with my setup: Audion Sterling MK2 valve amp, Marantz 63 MK2 Signature cd player and B&W CDM2 Special Edition speakers. I do think it is now time to start "the upgrade path" and, in my opinion, the first to be dismissed should be the trusty Marantz.

Before someone asks, I'm a huge fan of jazz and classical music (although my speakers can't handle those big orchestral works...).

I'm willing to spend 1000£ on a new cd player but it has to be able to "dance gracefully" with my singing valve amp ;-)

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

ZP

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Hello Zepedro,

What is it that you don't like about your current set up?

Is it that you cant listen to the music as you would like?

The amp is a lovely thing, are you going to change it for more valves or go solid?

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
I had the BW CDM1SE speakers and listen mostly to classical. I upgraded my CD player first, from a Micromega to a Densen and whilst I gained more detail, I was not overwhelmed. Since then, I've changed the speakers for Neat Petit SX and am pleased. I would recommend changing the speakers first and looking at the £1200-1500 price bracket. Change the CD player at a later date, when you have lived with the speakers for 6-12 months.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts