System set up with Sony BDP-S760

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased the the Sony BDP-S760 and added it to my set up. However, I had difficulty in getting it to work with a HDMI cable and in the end had to resort to using components and optical to get the system working.

My set consists of a Panasonic 37PV500B Tv, Yamaha RX-V1600 Receiver and Sky+.

My set up is as follows:

Sky+ is connected to the tv with Profigold Scartflex + QED Qunex audio to the receiver.

Sony Blu Ray is connected using QED Qunex component cables + Bandridge Optical cable to the receiver.

Yamaha is connected to the the tv via a Profigold Hdmi cable.

I am a bit confused as to why the Blu Ray player wouldn't work utilising the Hdmi cable (Monster M1000HD) to the receiver. Is it because my TV is only HD Ready or is there something else that I am missing? I even tried to connect the Hdmi cable from the Blu Ray player direct to the Tv, but this wouldn't work as well. I am a novice to the whole AV systems scenario but I can just about muddle through hand books and manuals.

Even though the connections are done via component, the pictures seem very sharp and the sound is a lot clearer.

My previous DVD was a panansonic DMR-EH60D, which had scart connected to the TV and optical to the receiver. However, with my previous set up I could watch a Dvd with the receiver being switched off. Whereas now with the Blu Ray, if I want to watch a Dvd I need to do it through the receiver.

Any comments, guidance and suggestions would be much appreciated

A very confused member.

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
it sounds like you need to go through the sony menus and make sure you set the output to HDMI. Unoftunately sony don't have a pdf avail for this model on the uk site.

By connecting the the TV directly you will be able to check if you have it set to the right output. Then connect the BD to the amp and make sure you select the correct HDMI INPUT on the amp to get the display from the BD player. If there is only one HDMI cable to the TV and it is set display from this input, then you should get a picture.

HTH

if I've missed something I'm sure there will more eagle eyed members to help

mjs

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
My 760 works just fine with HDMI, direct to Onkyo, then to tv.As Sc00bied00 says you need to go into the AV menu and make sure you have HDMI selected.

A

Anonymous

Hi Sc00bied00

Thanks for your help. I am now fully connected through the hdmi connection and the blu ray player is excellent in both picture and especially in sound

Regards

Dave

A

Anonymous

Hi mjs

Same applies to you as well, thanks for your help.

Regards

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts