System Matching

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good evening, what is the best speaker for Marantz PM8003 Integrated Amplifier and Marantz Pearl Lite CD Player? My music preference are Jazz, Love Song, Audiophile Voices, Instrumentals, Pop and RNB.Your Advice is deeply Appreciated.I posted a while ago but when i check it was not posted in the forums.

A

Anonymous

It'd be handy to know what your room size & layout is

Also what your overall budget is; what speaker type you'd like (standmount, floorstander or either) and also what speaker cable & interconnects you're using currently

A

Anonymous

Good evening,

Sorry for the late response my Present Set of equipment are :

1. Marantz PM8003 Integrated Amplifier

2.Pioneer PD 06 CD Player

3. Piega C2 Bookshelf Speaker

4. Atlas Equator Interconnect and Chord Carnival Speaker Wire

5. Room Size : Wide 2.5 meters X 3.0 meter

Is it worthy to change my Pioneer CD Player to Marantz Pearl Lite? Any good advice is a big help.

ThankYou.

audiofirst said:
Good evening,

Sorry for the late response my Present Set of equipment are :

1. Marantz PM8003 Integrated Amplifier

2.Pioneer PD 06 CD Player

3. Piega C2 Bookshelf Speaker

4. Atlas Equator Interconnect and Chord Carnival Speaker Wire

5. Room Size : Wide 2.5 meters X 3.0 meter

Is it worthy to change my Pioneer CD Player to Marantz Pearl Lite? Any good advice is a big help.

ThankYou.

Sorry, but some additional questions: What do you feel it's lacking, SQ-wise? I'm not familiar with your speakers either sound or price-wise.

A

Anonymous

Good evening,

Piega C2 Bookshelf with is a Ribbon Tweeter made in Switzerland . There is no lacking but i just like to Upgrade for a CD Player if is it a good combo?

audiofirst said:
Good evening,

Piega C2 Bookshelf with is a Ribbon Tweeter made in Switzerland . There is no lacking but i just like to Upgrade for a CD Player if is it a good combo?

The Pearl Lite should be an improvement on your current CDP. I would suggest, however, you look at speakers first. I found the biggest improvement wasn't by changing the CDP, but speakers.

Interesting you say ribbon tweeter: I was thinking Dali Ikons. Whichever direction you decide you'll need to audition.

A

Anonymous

The pearl should definitely be an upgrade compared to the Pioneer. Your speakers are a more difficult issue, as your room is quite small. For any speaker you might choose, a home demo is a must.

You probably can't accomodate any floorstander, but I recommend you check out some of the Totem models anyway, Arro or possibly Staff. Previous Kef Q series would be happy with little space as well, I'm not sure how well the current Q500 does.

In my opinion, you're best served by unfussy standmounts. If you're not looking for deep bass (or can live without it -- I don't expect the Piega's to go very deep), I suggest you try to find a pair of Dali Mentor Menuets. The Dynaudio DM2/6 are also easy to place (according to lore, have no experience with them), and should provide more bass than the Menuets.

(edit: the last paragraph is about standmounts, not floorstanders. doh)

A

Anonymous

Good evening,

That you, for the advice. The Piega C2 it really go on deeper bass and clarity.Especially ,when i used my Brother Classe 202 CDP.But the Classe is expensive for me. I just want a alternative CDP not to expensive.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
These are the speakers that retailed for about $9400? Yeah, your electrics need an upgrade. I'd reckon on something like the Meridian CD players would be the go, if not the Electrocompaniet or Copland. Marantz are good, but I'd look at the SA-15S2 as a minimum.

I'd also whack your amp up to the same level.

Whoops, just saw your comment about price. In that case I'd go amp first, but wait a bit until you can afford something a bit better quality like the Electrocompaniet, Copland or the more upmarket Marantz like the SA-15S2 up.

A

Anonymous

Good evening,

Thank you,for the sugestion. I'll try higher model of Marants and the other brand. It help.

Musicfirst

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts