System MAtch up: Naim Nait5i with Rega gear

steffy72004

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi and merry christmas!

I have the system in signature, full Rega. Now I have the chance to upgrade my Brio to Naim Nait 5i-2 amplifier, and I was wondering if you could give me some advice: would it be a good integration? would it be a substantial upgrade from the Brio?

Thank You!

A

Anonymous

Happy Christmas to you. The quick answer is yes, yes. I have a 5i and use it with the saturn and they sound fantastic together.

My bro-in-law has the brio 3 and we swapped for a week and whilst it was good I found it a bit muffled at times or maybe it was because the nait is so detailed. I think you would hear a difference and I was really happy to get mine back as I really wasn't enjoying the music as much.

I also used the chord crimson but changed to the chameleon silver + which gave the base more feel using R5's at the time. This is my penny's worth but see if you can get a home demo, you won't be disappointed.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Vie always found that Rega speakers work extremely well with Naim amplification, so I doubt very much you'll run into any compatibility problems. You should find the Nait will bring out much more in your system, and perk it up a little, not that it really needs it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts