System from Oz...

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi All,

Thought I'd post a few pictures of my system....

MacMini 2011 with Audirvana Plus and Synology NAS710 -> Wyred-4-Sound DAC2 -> Cyrus PreXpD -> Cyrus MonoXs -> Audiovector S3 Signatures.

The unit has its own power circuit, Cat6 cabling to the study (to the right) where the NAS lives...

Normally the speakers are around 30 cm forward (had had small children around...)

Acoustics are good with the cathedral ceiling and better when the blinds are down!

Cheers,

Dave

7969663220_032740bc0b.jpg

7969663036_0fe52ee936_b.jpg

7969663368_b917baaa9b_z.jpg

7969662856_a9a4503298_z.jpg

And the vew from the balcony.... :D

7969663506_2a9aa53b07_b.jpg

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Very nice, but can you pull the speakers forward a bit so their drivers stick out a little bit further than the cabinet between them?

It should - in theory - help imaging a bit. (To the edge of the fringe on the rug maybe.)

EDIT ok just read your comment about them normally being 30cm further forward, sorry.

Juzzie Wuzzie

Love it. Is there any way you can hide the visible cables in the bottom half of the cabinet (or are you not as OCD as me)? Also, is that a side door to the cabinet so you can access the rear panels without having to pull out the equipment? Very sensible.

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the comments, guys!

@The_Lhc : Ahhh... I understand!

@Juzzie Wuzzie: I would love a way to hide the cables. Has me stumped. I've cable-tied, but still looks messy. Oh.. and yes, there are side panels to help access the electronics.

@John Duncan: :D Come to Australia and it can all be yours!!

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Oy... stunning room! stunning view! I'm sure the sound is equally so!

The Danes are good at speakers, no? I've heard those gems a few times.

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Audiovector - not that well known around here! Unfortunately, since I bought them, the Australian distributor is no more.... :( Hope nothing ever goes wrong as Europe is a long, long way away!!

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Oh, sorry to hear that! Hope nothing happens!

For me (in Sweden) the Danes are just across the pond. Heck, now there's even a bridge across! :p

Have you considered adding room acoustic panels on the walls behind each speaker, BTW? Your room reminds me a bit of my own - scaled down with naked walls for that very clean and neat look. I have began looking into acoustic panels myself as I've recently experienced a few positive demos. Naturally every room is different, and thus acoustics will differ, but I do think it might be worth looking into, especially with such high-end speakers as those. There are some cool looking panels nowadays that are far from ugly (as I thought all panels were, at first). Some even allow printing your own theme/photo on it, like a painting of sorts. Or just plain white to melt in with the wall.

TRENDING THREADS