System for Dance Music???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK Am looking for some advise.

Basically I like mainly listen to dance music, Housey stuff bit of DnB aswell, so am looking for a system to accomodate.

Been looking at Stand mounts recently and none seem to quite have the bass I want, but was thinking my room might be a bit small for Floor standers.

Is anyone able to suggest a system I may like??

Plus how small a room is too small for floorstanders??

A

Anonymous

Hi My room size is (I think) about 11" x 12" Is this too small for floorstanders?

My budget is about 1000 and my main aim is to play cd's well though an Ipod Input would be a plus but can live without.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Might be pushing it for floorstanders, or at least floorstanders thatd suit your budget. I'd probably go for one of the NAD amps - the C352, for example - as these are designed to withstand high-level abuse, along with a Marantz CD6002 CD player. That's about £600 done for - add on a pair of B&W DM685 speakers and you're up to about £900. The iPod input can be handled with the use of a Chord Company iChord cable - it won't give you all the fancy remote control, but it will connect iPod to amp - and you're just about done.

Oh and if you want more welly later on, the sensible bolt-on is a subwoofer, such as the MJ Acoustics Pro 50, which is about £300. That will give you heavy but controllable bass - just the job.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Personally i'd go down the Arcam/Rotel/B&W route...

Good solid amps and great sounding speakers that give out plenty of bass, even the stand-mount speakers!

I still listen to alot of HedKandi music and similar and my Arcam 9 amp and B&W 602 S3 speakers along with weighted Atacama SE24 stands give the music a great stage :)

Plenty of punchy tight bass with crisp treble and good mid-range. My rooms about 11' by 10' and believe me, the speakers really fill it with sound well!

Let us know how you get on!

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
....For dance music howzabout a pair of Cerwin Vegas? - they're not known for being subtle but have humugous bass and are scarily sensitive i.e. they go VERY loud - mebbe's not suitable for chamber music but for stuff like Italian House I reckon they'd be great .....check out ebay to see if there's a decent pair available if you want to save some dosh.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I used to have a pair of Cerwin Vega CS 15-15 killers and listened to a lot of hip-hop and jungle which these speakers were awsome for. If you fancy getting evicted go for a pair of Cerwin Vega CLS-215, You will love them but your neighbours wont! Even tho they might just be on the large side for you room. Try looking at the smaller speakers as they are fantastic with anything dance related with supererb bass.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]I would plump for B&W over Cerwin Vegas every time unless you're interested in uneducated bass[/quote]

My Cerwins were very well educated in bass, They went to public school LOL
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts