System builder in the latest mag

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

I saw it in Sainsburys today (still waiting my my digital copy), an Apple Mac, headphones and an Arcam player all hooked up together. How does this work exactly then?

:cheers:

D

Deleted member 2457

I am just trying to find ways of utilizing my headphones.

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
I would try a fiio amp first gel. For modest outlay and portability I think they are hard to beat, although not tried any other headphone amps...

I have been looking at headphone amps for the bedside table too. Loving the fiio though so will probably just stick with it.

Saying that the entry level Nad looked like it would be an excellent, flexible desktop unit. Acting as a hub for headphones amp and stereo amp and dac.

The top of the rang one looks the business with networking and airplay too. It's £700 though. I don't work in the house so I can't justify it.

John

D

Deleted member 2457

john1000000boy said:
I would try a fiio amp first gel. For modest outlay and portability I think they are hard to beat, although not tried any other headphone amps...

I have been looking at headphone amps for the bedside table too. Loving the fiio though so will probably just stick with it.

Saying that the entry level Nad looked like it would be an excellent, flexible desktop unit. Acting as a hub for headphones amp and stereo amp and dac.

The top of the rang one looks the business with networking and airplay too. It's £700 though. I don't work in the house so I can't justify it.

John

Do you just connect the headphones to the Fiio amp then? You don't need any special adaptors or anything do you?

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Mine is connected to my iPad Air via the multipin plug with an adapter £25ish from amazon to get down to lightening plug on iPad. Then I have the fiio in line plug which connects via headphone jack into amp then my p7s are plugged into the output on amp. Not tried using supplied jack to jack connector. Always used the apple adapter thingemy

D

Deleted member 2457

john1000000boy said:
Mine is connected to my iPad Air via the multipin plug with an adapter £25ish from amazon to get down to lightening plug on iPad. Then I have the fiio in line plug which connects via headphone jack into amp then my p7s are plugged into the output on amp. Not tried using supplied jack to jack connector. Always used the apple adapter thingemy

D

Deleted member 2457

What do you guys make of this one then?

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p/nad-d-1050optical-coax-usb-dac-headphone-amp?gclid=CNCYwIDvnr4CFTHItAodXAgAdg

D

Deleted member 2457

Al ears said:
gel said:
What do you guys make of this one then?

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/p/nad-d-1050optical-coax-usb-dac-headphone-amp?gclid=CNCYwIDvnr4CFTHItAodXAgAdg

That sir, is what is commonly referred to as a bargain.

I am seriously considering getting one myself. :type:

:)

:cheers: What was you going to use it for?

D

Deleted member 2457

Al ears said:
Primarily as headphone amp but also as DAC with laptop source to main system.

:cheers: Headphone amp was going to be my use for it too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts