System around Denon avr-x1300w

MMeirolas

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a budget home cinema system around the excellent Denon avr-x1300w.

It seems to me the best bang for the buck and future proof av receiver out there.

Now i need some advice for some good quality speakers to add to them.

They should be in the budget range (if they are more expensive i could start with 2 and later add the rest), not too big.

My biggest concern here is my living room. Its medium sized and rectangular shaped 6x3,5m... My 55" TV and Sofa are on opposite sides on the corners of the long sides. Both against the walls... And on the right of them i have a huge window/door to the balcony

As you can see, not ideal conditions... For a 5.1/7.2 system i cant place speakers behind the sofa.

Do u think maybe a soundbar would be best or should i try to change the layout of my living room?

Thx a lot

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I had started a thread here a while back, about sneaking in a 7.4.1 into a room of similar size. My project is on hold awaiting completion of construction. But I did try a few things in my present room of similar size. And below are my observations:

1. It is always preferable to have the speakers fire down the longer side of the room. However since you have them firing down the shorter side like me, avoid floor standers at all cost. In my room very similar to yours, I also have the sofa pushed on the opposite wall, the bass energy piles up here and cusses over bearing pressure on the ear drums. So look for a sub+sat package that leaves most of the bass to the subwoofer. You can place this sub woofer under your sofa, so that the bass energy emanates into the room from below you, rather than piling on you from floor standers.

2. You can have the satellites mounted on the wall on either sides of the sofa, about a foot above your ear level. This will give good sound immersion. You can also mount a basic sound bar on the wall behind the sofa , as long as the sound bar has wiring for indipendently drivers. This could act as your rear surrounds.

3. You can start by buying 3 satellite speakers and a sub. And later add the remaining when budget permits. I use a satellites system in the same size room, and IAM very happy with the result. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts