System advice?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there everyone

I'll be investing in a home cinema set up in the next little while. I think I'm going to get the following:

Toshiba 40XF355D TV

Onkyo TX-SR605E receiver

Samsung HD870 DVD player (or is there a recommendation for a sub £100 DVD player that upscales to 1080p?)

Either the Tannoy F1 5.1 or Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 speaker package.

I'll be adding a Blu- ray player at some point.

Got couple of questions...

What cables should I get to hook everything up?

Which speakers would be better?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Personally i would'nt bother with the dvd player and just get a Blu-ray player whether its a PS3 or something else.This would do a better job with the scaling up of dvd's to 1080p on your existing dvd collection. Just wondering what prices you have got on the Tannoy's and Q's ??

A

Anonymous

I've spotted a set of Tannoy's for £700 and the Q's for £500 on Superfi.

Not sure about the Blu- ray player just yet - I did want to get a budget DVD player soonish and add a Blu- ray player later after my wallet has recovered from the other spend!

Any ideas on cabling?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
For the HDMI, I wouldn't think you'd want to spend too much considering the price of the DVD player. On the other hand, you could get a decent one in anticipation of your Blu-Ray player, in which case the QED HDMI-P (at about £45) or the Chord HDMI 1.3 Silver Plus (at about £75) would be my recommendations.

If you can though, I'd get a loan of these and compare them with a cheaper (though certified) HDMI cable. Some people say they can't see any difference between them, others can (I'm obviously with the can bunch!). If you can't, save your money, if you can, then enjoy the better picture!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts