Synching 2 ipods on 1 pc

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
My missus has an ipod nano which automatically synchs from her library when ipod is connected to the pc. If a second ipod is to be used, how do you go about connecting the 2nd ipod without my wifes music library synching to it. 1. Can 2 seperate libraries be set up ? 2. Would logging on to the pc using different user accounts solve the issue ? I'm looking to buy a new ipod as my current 20gb mp3 is full but i don't want the transfer of music to become a bit of an ordeal.

John Duncan

I do it by having various playlists set up, with only music I want in my iPod in those playlists. You can then choose whether to sync an ipod to an entire library or just those selected playlists...

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
In the settings, you can set it so that the unit only syncs when you manually tell it to do so. You can choose the tracks you want to sync, or as you say, have separate playlists that you can choose to sync to the unit conne ted to it. The main thing is to set sync to manual.

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Yes seperate user accounts can be used which its how we run my families 2 Touches and Nano, my sons and wife's sync automatically to their libraries when they log on with it connected but I hate ITUNES and use Foobar so as David (started to type Frank there !!!) mentioned my Itunes is set not to sync since I only use it to perform updates.

Clicky on how to open alternate library

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts