Switching one pair of speakers between Amp & Receiver - Possible?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having made the mistake a couple of years ago of trying to combine my Home Cinema audio and Hi-Fi in one. I am now on the way to rectifying my error with a Denon AVR-1910 doing duty now only for the Home Cinema and Rega P3-24, Rega Saturn and Rega Mira 3 doing the honours for stereo music.
My problem is this. Ultimately I plan to get some suitable floorstanding speakers (possibly Rega RS5s, Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE or similar) for the Hi-Fi, but at the moment, budget and available space mean this is out of the question. As it stands I have to make do with switching my Q Acoustics by hand between Amp & Receiver. Can you think of any suitable way to switch the source for my speakers which will not be too detrimental to quality, but most importantly, not potentially damage my kit.

JorisC

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Beresford: got it in the mail yesterday and hooked it up.

Before I used my AV pre-outs connecting to the AUX input of my Rotel RA-1062, which drive my DM6 speakers. Which was a hassle of getting the volume right of the 2 amps.

Downside: while running one amp you only can drive 1 pair of speakers and not 2 at once (e.g. if you want speakers A+B playing the same music in 2 rooms).

Secondly: manual knobs, no remote control.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts