Switching from MM to MC - my thoughts and experiences with the 103R and Rondo Red

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having spent a lot of time using and writing about the Ortofon 2M series of Moving Coil cartridges, I though that it was time in my HiFi life to try to experience and understand Moving Coils.

I had just bought the Denon 103R when Henley Designs (the main distributers for many fine HiFi brands in the UK) offered to lend me an Ortofon Rondo Red which allowed me to not just share my experience of my preparation and move from MM to MC but also to document how this may differ depending on which cartridge you chose to go with.

Please find below a link to the article I've put on my blog, which hopefully captures my experience and may be of use to those who are either looking to make the switch or are wondering what all the fuss was about (which I admit was one of my motivators).

http://tinyurl.com/6unpvgv

I'm obviously not a professional write (so forgive me for that) but I hope you enjoy the read.

Alan

nads

TheAppleChap said:
Having spent a lot of time using and writing about the Ortofon 2M series of Moving Coil cartridges, I though that it was time in my HiFi life to try to experience and understand Moving Coils.

I had just bought the Denon 103R when Henley Designs (the main distributers for many fine HiFi brands in the UK) offered to lend me an Ortofon Rondo Red which allowed me to not just share my experience of my preparation and move from MM to MC but also to document how this may differ depending on which cartridge you chose to go with.

Please find below a link to the article I've put on my blog, which hopefully captures my experience and may be of use to those who are either looking to make the switch or are wondering what all the fuss was about (which I admit was one of my motivators). http://tinyurl.com/6unpvgv I'm obviously not a professional write (so forgive me for that) but I hope you enjoy the read.

fixed for you. Too much coding.

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly I've gone the other way from a MC (Audio Technica OC7) to MM (Ortofon 2M Black) which just sounds better and better the more it runs/beds in.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
just move up the ranks of the rondo - blue then to bronze or just skip the blue and go straight to the bronze :) I will be doing that in the future when I buy the pro-ject Perspex turntable :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts