Swapped out clearaudio cart

If any of you have followed my recent purchases, I have the marantz tt15s1 turntable, with clearaudio Vertuoso wood cart. While I've been quite impressed with the sound, I have also wanted to see what my nagaoka cart sounded like on this setup.

So I have just changed it out, and stuck it on. Immediately got more punch in the bass and much clearer treble.

This little nagaoka cart only cost me 45 quid, it's a nagaoka Stilton, ts12 boron. An old cart but it hadn't been used before I bought it. Needless to say, it will be staying on for the foreseeable future.

bigfish786 said:
Having looked closer at the cart, the cantilever is out of line, and the needle looks like it's twisted ever so slightly.

Can this be inspected/repaired, ?

Most cartridges can be repaired, however for one of this price range it is going to be uneconomic to do so.

Repairs aren't cheap and its going to cost you more than the equivalent of a new one (or second-hand in your case).

Clearaudio cartridge that has the out of line cantilever, the nagaoka is on the tonearm now, outperforming the clearaudio in all departments.

Im hoping I can get the clearaudio cart fixed or replaced, I've only had it a couple of months, I'm sure it was fine when I fitted it,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts