surround sound kit - will my TV sound play through it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am after a surround sound system to go with my Sony KDL40V3000. My question is - is it possible to route the sound from this TV through the the system bypassing the TVs speakers or do I need to get an AV amp? The sound on this TV is a bit weak for my room and would like to boost it up. I'm not bothered about a DVD player as I have a Sony HDD recorder. Any recomendations for a Sony system?

thanks,

Ian

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Yes you can. What you'll need is a surround system without DVD player, although there aren't that many about, and we haven't tested any from Sony. The Yamaha AV59 package is good value £250, and for that you get a surround receiver and speakers, but it sounds as if you want more of an all-in-one system.

The only one of those we've tested recently was the JVC TH-L1 (£300), and that got a disappointing three stars. Have you considered one of the Yamaha digital sound projectors, such as the YSP-1100 (£900)?

It's a neat solution for boosting the sound from your TV, without having speakers all around the room. It doesn't give you quite the performance of a full 5.1 system, but it's still extremely good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts