surround set up with dali helicon 800s

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Only ever posted on the hi-fi forum before.....so I'm out of my depth here ;)

Moving house......have the opportunity to wall mount a lovely tv (still haven't decided on which one yet but looking at the Pioneer PDPLX5090).....have 2 floor standing speakers, which are wonderful with my hi-fi set up.....but wanted to know how I could go about creating a home cinema set up with them. Not concerned about budgets at this stage, but nothing too over the top.

Looking forward to hearing any views

Sam

A

Anonymous

OMG can't wait to see a response from the WHF team and some of our learned posters on this one!

I watch and wait with interest....

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 800's are lovely and building a cinema around them will give you stunning results if you get it right. Dali produce a Helicon cente and it can sit on their Helicon subwoofer as well depending on your room layout and size. For rears it comes down to space, we have succesfully used the Helicon inwalls at the rear and if your house will allow it four speakers at the back will really set off your cinema. If you wish to opt for on wall or in room speakers there is endless choice. More Helicons at the back , perhaps the 300's on stands or the 400's.

For amplification the Pioneer SC-LX90 and matchin BDP-LX91 will give you all the power you need and it works very well with the Helicons, you can bi-amp the fronts and centre. If you wish to integrate your current set up then a Marantz AV 8003 could work as a processor to feed more Primare amps but as I am not a Primare dealer I can't say with 100% conviction that they would partner well.

If you are going for a large scale cinema in terms of sound had you considered a projector?

Nick

A

Anonymous

Thanks Nick........happy new year to you and everyone else ;)

Been looking into this since I posted........very tempted to create a home cinema set up. Not a big tv watcher though and don't want to spend too much on new speakers, but equally don't want to let the Dali's down. Not sure how to go about it.......could I get away with just adding 2-4 speakers around the room without centres and subwoofers? Can I integrate the whole system easily? Should I just forget about home cinema and stick to the tv going through the 2 floor-standers because it still sounds pretty good? ;)

Room is quite big so no problem for placing on-wall/floor standing/standmount speakers around the room.......but planning to wall mount the tv and have a sideunit underneath where I can put my turntables on top, so there is no space under the tv for a centre/sub.

Sam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts