Surround back speakers and surround front

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

Please can some one advise if i was to use the surround back speakers on a onkyo tx-sr605 as surround front would it sound incorrect.

I ask as the onkyo tx-sr607 has inputs shown as surround back or front so would it be any different if i had that receiver and used the surround back as the surround front.

I have no room to use more speakers at the back so want to use them in the front on the onkyo tx-sr 605 but on this receiver it states back not front at the back of the receiver.

Hope that makes sense

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Bips:Hello

Please can some one advise if i was to use the surround back speakers on a onkyo tx-sr605 as surround front would it sound incorrect.

I ask as the onkyo tx-sr607 has inputs shown as surround back or front so would it be any different if i had that receiver and used the surround back as the surround front.

I have no room to use more speakers at the back so want to use them in the front on the onkyo tx-sr 605 but on this receiver it states back not front at the back of the receiver.

Hope that makes sense

Honestly? No it doesn't make any sense. The 605 has front speaker output, surround outputs (which should go at the side) and surround back outputs that can also be used to Bi-Amp the FRONT speakers (not surround front, there's no such thing).

If you just want 5.1 surround, use the fronts, centre and surround outputs and ignore the surround back outputs.

A

Anonymous

you say no such thing as surround front but looking at the rear of the onkyo tx-sr607 receiver it clearly states surround back or front or bi-amp

google the make and model and click images then take a look

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts