Surround back channel on denon avc-a10se...

ianov

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to get this working... Have all other channels working... I know bluray DVDs are outputting 7.1 channels but I can't get the surround back channel to work. On the denon display it tells me the digital signals coming in.. I have the seperate power amp connected up for the surround back channels... Any tips?

ianov

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes definitely... I bought avengers assemble specificallly for the soundtrack.. I notice the 7.1 graphic on box doesn't show the surround back..

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok well then in that case have you double checked that the Blu-ray player is putting out the 7.1 hd sound track & not just the 5.1 plus also in the menu on the Blu-ray disk? as sometimes they default to the 5.1 audio.

Regards..

ianov

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes went into settings on DVD and its outputting dts es master audio.. On my amp theres a seperate led to the right to tell me if the surround back channels working. This is lighting up green so it tells me its outputting to the power amp.. But I'm just puzzled as to why its not showing on the input display.. With the other channels. Fl Fr C Sr Sl and sub... Then the extra 2 channels for the es soundtrack

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
ianov said:
Yes went into settings on DVD and its outputting dts es master audio.. On my amp theres a seperate led to the right to tell me if the surround back channels working. This is lighting up green so it tells me its outputting to the power amp.. But I'm just puzzled as to why its not showing on the input display.. With the other channels. Fl Fr C Sr Sl and sub... Then the extra 2 channels for the es soundtrack

Sorry i cant seem to help but on my Blu-ray disks with this audio format on it reads either DTS-HD MA 7.1 or DTS-HD Hi Res Audio & the same for 5.1 except for the Hi Res Audio part.

Regards..

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Are you 100% it's wired up right?

Making a mistake is easily done. You may have connected the cables for the power amp to the inputs on the Denon rather than the outputs (did the same thing with my subwoofer cable the first time I wired my stuff up :oops: )

ianov

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea I have the digital coaxial cable connected in..... It's the input its not getting.. Have the power amp connected correctly too but I did have it wired incirrectly... I must be missing something on setup....

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ianov said:
Yea I have the digital coaxial cable connected in.....

Aha! I think that's the problem! In order for your receiver to get the HD (Dolby True HD or DTS HD Master Audio) signal and display the type of signal on its display, you MUST use an HDMI cable, not digital coaxial or digital optical. They can't carry the full HD soundtrack, only a downmixed version I believe (although depending on the rest of your system that can still sound pretty good). So if you use an HDMI cable to connect your Blu-Ray and receiver, you should get the correct signal shown on your receiver's display. The only problem with that is if your receiver, with which I'm not familiar, doesn't actually decode HD audio. In that case you'll have to use 7.1 multichannel analogue connections between the Blu-ray player and the receiver, assuming that both those machines have connections for 7.1. If one or both machines does not have 7.1 connections, and your Denon receiver doesn't decode HD audio, then sorry, you won't be getting the full HD audio soundtrack. And I'm almost certain that digital coaxial and optical cables can carry only 5.1 Dolby digital soundtracks, not 7.1 Dolby digital. So that's why the extra two channels are not being carried by the coaxial cable, hence those two channels are not lighting up on your display.

What Blu-Ray player have you, by the way?

ianov

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's the problem either ... Tonight I put on blues brothers which was broadcast in pro logic and the surround back light lit up... But in Dolby digital it doesn't....

ianov

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry its a Samsung bluray.. It doesn't have the 7 channel analogue output... Only a coaxial and hdmi output... But my amp predates the hdmi cable anehow..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts