SUNFIRE HRS10 SUBWOOFER vrs MILLER & KREISEL THX SUBWOOFER - SB1250

lordmortlock

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ben

I've not heard either but the two chaps in Hi fi gear in gloucester UK were talking at length about these two brands yesterday. One has Sunfire, one has M&K. Both seemed very happy with the subs. Find them online and give them a bell or email ... super helpful imo

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
If you want to get a lot of bass from a small box, the Sunfire is ideal. But for me, and for those who can house the much bigger cabinet, the SB1250 will be the better bet. Fast, punchy, and sounds 'big'.

A

Anonymous

hi david,

you will admit though that when it comes to power wattage the Sunfire will offer more output.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The HRS10 might be 1000 watts on paper, but it all depends on the frequencies being produced by the sub, and therefore the travel of the bass driver that will limit it's output. The bigger the bass driver, the louder and deeper at can go. Don't assume that a more powerful sub will go louder, as many other factors will come into play.

Even though the SB1250 is 250 watts, I doubt very much that many people would reach even that sort of power in the average living room, let alone 1000.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I doubt very much that many people would reach even that sort of power in the average living room, let alone 1000.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DON'T TURN IT TO MAX ALL THE TIME :O

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts