Suitable Speakers

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi just signed up so i can pick the brains of people in the now!

A couple of months back i decided it was time to replace my 12 year old Aiwa ZD9400M system ,nothing wrong with it just to big and complicated even though it sounded well,but i wanted something with a USB input socket for Harddrive use as well as somthing smaller and more modern

Anyway i thought id go to the opposite end of the scale and purchased a TEAC DRH300 DAB and a pair of Q acoustics 1010 SI s, after studying the market to see what was best value for money{was able to get rid of my standalone DVD player with this model}

Pleased enough with the unit and the speakers ,but cant help noticeing how lacking the sound is ,it has nowhere near the punch of my Aiwa system or a proper seperate system especilly through a set of headphones ,which is mainly how i listen to music{while i was at it i purchased set of Audio Tecnica headphones well pleased with them best iv ever had},

After more studying i purchased a NAD C315 bee amp and connected the Teac through it with the speakers connected through the NAD.A dramatic improvement on the sound was had ,so much that i purchased the NAD C515BEE cd player to match ,again an upgrade in sound{the first full size professional hifi i have bought}

BUT ,when i up the volume on the NAD the 1010SI s dont half become distorted very quick .Not really what i was expecting.So im now thinking of getting some more speakers.

As i dont spend that much time listening to music through external speakers , even though i have my TV linked to the NAD amp i didnt want to spend to much about £100/180.After yet more studing iv come up with this list{dont want anything to big as this was the reason for buying the 1010s to begin with}

Tannoy F1s
Wharfdale diamond 9.0s { these are basicly the same size as 1010s so would there be that much different?}
Whafdale diamond 9.1s {nice speaker ,but gettin up a bit big}
Monitor audio BR1 or maybe BR2s at the right price

What id like to know has anyone got the C315bee with the above speakers , if so wht are they like ,or do u reccomend any others?

Thanks in advance for any help /advice

Mark

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I have the combination of NAD 315/515 and bought them with the Tannoy F1 Custom speakers. I am extremely pleased with the speakers and the NAD bits too actually. It sounds very nice to my ears, although this is my first proper HiFi so it was always bound to be better than the micro systems and PC speakers I'd had before.

I've barely taken the amp to half of it's volume so far, but up to the volumes I've tried it's sounded great to me. Again, I'm certainly no hifi expert, but it certainly seems like a good combo to me and would absolutely recommend it.

Good luck making your choice!

Nadeac

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Ok thanks for advice ,but still non the wiser, cant make my mind up !

Those 902is do look a very nice speaker ,they look the best on build quality

So its either them or the 9.1s{biwireable would need new speaker cable} or save a few quid and get F1s

Haveing said that they all more or less the same price as each other after looking around

Mark

A

Anonymous

I would suggest you go for the MA BR2's. There have been a few good deals on E-bay for relatively good examples. They will not dissapoint, I assure you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts