suggestions for home cinema speakers?

LesT73

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for recommendations for centre and rear speakkers and sub for home cinema setup to complement my B & W 683 as fronts. They'll be fed through an onkyo TX NR-808. I suppose the obvious choice would be to go with B & W, and I'v been having a look at some of their speakers from thir packages. However, does anyone have any suggestions for exact speakers, or alternative makes?

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

It's critical to keep your front 3 speakers Timbre matched to produce the correct sound stage. I would suggest you stick with the 600 series, either the HTM62 or smaller HTM61, maybe even the CM range centre as an outside option. It's not so critical for the rears, but it would still help. I would look at the 685 or 686 and at a push a pair of M1s.

LesT73

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of 685's for the rear, and I figured that it would be important to keep as many speakers as possible from the same company. Any suggestions on sub? i was thinking of ASW610 or 610Xp. Anyone got experience of these to let me know if the extra money is worth it?

A

Anonymous

I until very recently (2 days ago) had an ASW610, in my lounge which is 3.7m x 6.4m and it sounded awesome. The only reason I changed was because I got an excellent deal on a RXW12. And to be honest I always thought I didn't need to have anything more powerful, but I just watched Tron and Wow. The ASW610 had better timing and was more musical, so I assume the XP would be awesome but I've not heard one. You could look at the RXW12 and BK / Velodyne subs as alternatives.

rigors

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
the 610XP is indeed awesome. but then i've not heard the 610. i went for the XP partly cause i got a great deal on it, but mostly cause i wanted to match the cherry finish of my 683's and only the XP has this finish.

i sound tested the htm62 and the htm61. and in the end i went for the htm62. this was partly cause i couldn't tell the difference between them when listening to them as an element within a 5.1 setup. and also partly because i couldn't quite cope with the unsymmetrical looking htm61. plus the htm61 is quite a big lump to try to house.

good luck with it. the 683's are just outstanding aren't they?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts