Suggestions for 4k HDR & 120hz PC gaming TV in Europe

Hi guys, i'm looking for a new TV to last here in the UK. My criteria is as follows:

4k + HDR compatability

Native 120hz for PC gaming

43-60"

[font="ProximaNova-Semibold, arial, verdana, sans-serif"]700-1,100GBP price range[/font]

My preferred manufacturer is Sony, and i just looked at this Sony Bravia KD55XD8005. But im not sure that it is native 120hz?

Im sure there are many others in my situation, so please bless me with your knowledge/suggestions.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Tim Zee said:
Hi guys, i'm looking for a new TV to last here in the UK. My criteria is as follows:

4k + HDR compatability

43-60"

700-1,100GBP price range

My preferred manufacturer is Sony, and i just looked at this Sony Bravia KD55XD8005. But im not sure that it is native 120hz?

Im sure there are many others in my situation, so please bless me with your knowledge/suggestions.

i dont think you can get 4k 120hz on hdmi..yet!

Basically, what you're looking for is a TV that has a refresh rate of 60Hz, which is NTSC (US). 120Hz is a multiple of 60, and thus will display correctly. UK TVs are 50Hz (PAL). However, it was in HDMI spec to display both 50Hz and 60Hz correctly and therefore 4K spec shouldn't be any different.

So any 4K HDR TV should do, including the Sony.

bigboss said:
Basically, what you're looking for is a TV that has a refresh rate of 60Hz, which is NTSC (US). 120Hz is a multiple of 60, and thus will display correctly. UK TVs are 50Hz (PAL). However, it was in HDMI spec to display both 50Hz and 60Hz correctly and therefore 4K spec shouldn't be any different.

Apologies, I don't think I was clear enough in the original post.

I'm looking for a TV that will do native 120hz in 1080p (and QHD if these exist yet) whilst also supporting 60hz 4k AND HDR for the PS4 Pro.

The issue is that not many websites make it clear as to which panels support 120hz native in the lower resolutions, and it's causing me a real headache, because I've seen a few USA sites mention some, but Sony has totally different model names in the USA from those in Europe, obscuring things further as i dont fancy ordering from the US.

nugget2014 said:
Tim Zee said:

4k + HDR compatability

43-60"

700-1,100GBP price range

My preferred manufacturer is Sony, and i just looked at this Sony Bravia KD55XD8005. But im not sure that it is native 120hz?

i dont think you can get 4k 120hz on hdmi..yet!

What about this article??

"Furthermore, all of Sony’s 4K TVs offer a firmly robust 120Hz native refresh rate and don’t come with the visually appealing but otherwise mostly useless gimmick of curved screen design."

Here: http://4k.com/sony-tv-2016-review-and-price-ultimate-guide-of-4k-ultra-

Tim Zee said:
bigboss said:

Apologies, I don't think I was clear enough in the original post.

I'm looking for a TV that will do native 120hz in 1080p (and QHD if these exist yet) whilst also supporting 60hz 4k AND HDR for the PS4 Pro.

The issue is that not many websites make it clear as to which panels support 120hz native in the lower resolutions, and it's causing me a real headache, because I've seen a few USA sites mention some, but Sony has totally different model names in the USA from those in Europe, obscuring things further as i dont fancy ordering from the US.
60Hz TVs (US TVs) will do 120Hz natively, because 120 is a multiple of 60. UK TVs are 50Hz, so supports multiples of 50: 100Hz.

The 3D fad trojan-horsed undocumented ability to do 100Hz 2D and 120Hz 2D native input into many displays. Frame sequential 3D @ 60Hz is electronically identical to 120Hz 2D mode, even though that is undocumented.

Just get a TV that supports 3D and you'll be fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts