Sugden Masterclass amp

A

Anonymous

Not even heard of it.

You might be better off looking at the Denon PMA SA1 - extremely highly rated in the OS press and some demo ones available at good prices. More powerful at 50w into 8 ohms, too

A

Anonymous

Actually, Joel, it's the speakers you should be thinking of upgrading. Sonus Faber Cremona Ms or Opera Callas spring to mind.

A

Anonymous

Not even heard of a Sugden Masterclass! Only one of the best amps made in the UK, IMO of course. I don't know the Denon you mention but I doubt very much it will come close to the lovely sound of a Sugden Masterclass.

Tarquinh:
Not even heard of it.

You might be better off looking at the Denon PMA SA1 - extremely highly rated in the OS press and some demo ones available at good prices. More powerful at 50w into 8 ohms, too

A

Anonymous

I,ve heard the ia4 masterclass, i think it was, only about 30watts of power but sounded fantastic on the end of b&w 804 speakers, could pull a tank out of a coalmine. Quite pricey mind at £3500.00 i think.

A

Anonymous

IanS1:Not even heard of a Sugden Masterclass! Only one of the best amps made in the UK, IMO of course. I don't know the Denon you mention but I doubt very much it will come close to the lovely sound of a Sugden Masterclass.Tarquinh:
Not even heard of it.

You might be better off looking at the Denon PMA SA1 - extremely highly rated in the OS press and some demo ones available at good prices. More powerful at 50w into 8 ohms, tooThat was a slightly tongue in cheek comment, as was the suggestion of the Denon, though it apparently is very good.

I wouldn't think Joel would gain much by changing amps. The one he has is easily capable of driving better speakers than the Kudos. That's not to say the Kudos are less than excellent, only that there are better available, especially if he has that much to spend.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Funnily enough I recently auditioned the Opera Grand Callas and found them awful. Mid audition I asked them to change them as they were way way too shrill (using Unico CDE, Unico pre & power, and then with the P70 valve amp too). Horrid.

Was pleased to get home to my Kudos which I love. They will sound even better when I move house and don't have to have them in the corners of my room too. No plans to change them, a very pleasing sound in all senses. They've won a couple of big groups tests in another mag and I know why.

A

Anonymous

Then try the some other speakers. There's not a lot of point in changing the electronics, if any.

On the other hand, if you're happy with the sound, why change anything?

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Must admit, I couldn't believe it when I read that post never having heard of Sugden!! Just bought a Sugden A21L myself and it's beautiful... way ahead of the likes of Denon, Rotel and NAD

Rega Saturn, Sugden A21L B&W CM2

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Tarquinh:
Then try the some other speakers. There's not a lot of point in changing the electronics, if any.

On the other hand, if you're happy with the sound, why change anything?

Always enjoy a little bit of change.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts