Question Subwoofer up to 700£

503PL

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am looking for subwoofer for home cinema use. Up to 700£. Less will be better :)
Area of my living room is around 35m2, but all cinema system is placed on 2x4,5m. I was thinking about REL HT1205 sub. Can I find something better?
Regards

scene

You might want to consider something from BK Elec, who sell direct which keeps the price down. I've got the xxls400 in a 36m2 room for home cinema and it's great. The newer P12-300SB-PR might also be worth considering, it's less than £500 and I think would give the REL a run for its money.

The xxls400 is £450-550 depending on finish. Can get front or down firing versions.

503PL

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Don't Q Acoustics have a new one just out?
Indeed. Go to sell in November. Looks quite good. They needed good sub for 3050i.

You might want to consider something from BK Elec, who sell direct which keeps the price down. I've got the xxls400 in a 36m2 room for home cinema and it's great. The newer P12-300SB-PR might also be worth considering, it's less than £500 and I think would give the REL a run for its money.

The xxls400 is £450-550 depending on finish. Can get front or down firing versions.
Never heard. Looks amazing. I watch on P12-300SB-PR and it's really impresive. They really made them in UK?

I can buy from friend new 1205 for 420 pound. But now you give me something to think about.

scene

Never heard. Looks amazing. I watch on P12-300SB-PR and it's really impresive. They really made them in UK?

I can buy from friend new 1205 for 420 pound. But now you give me something to think about.

As it says on the BK Elec website Designed and Manufactured in the UK

I love my XXLS400 - and I did think about getting a Monolith - but it is LARGE! If I was buying today, I'd seriously think about the P12-300SB-PR...

503PL

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I will probably buy HT 1205, jus becouse of the price. If it not meet my expectations, I will sell it with profit and buy BK.

503PL

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I am testing REL sub from two weeks and what say at the moment.....
I am disappointed. Close box give perfect timing response and good quality of the sound. But this sub is weak. It;s not going so loud as my previous Magnat Sub 302A!!
Connected to Yamaha 1070 is set up as +2,0 db than other speakers. Any idea?

+2dB is just the level in relation to the rest of the speakers, and no indication of its power output. You have the gain on the AV receiver for the sub channel, and gain on the back of the sub itself.

The Magnat is also ported, which means you’ll be hearing certain frequency ranges exaggerated, possibly even with a fairly high level of distortion - a sealed sub won’t produce these distortions, so can sometimes sound a bit lean compared to a ported sub, but all you’re hearing is cleaner bass with distortion or coloration.

503PL

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I changed possition of sub, and now i am in shock.
Something was wrong in previous place. Probably BR sub handled with that. Close one not
I tried to move it a little far away from me, once again done YPAO calibration and now i am happy.
If I have PMC Twenty 26 as front speakers should i crossover tham to 60hz? Or leave full band?

It's all about checking what works best. Your speakers as well as subwoofer are very capable. Even though you have floor standing speakers, make sure you set them to "small", otherwise the subwoofer will have no work to do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts