subwoofer settings

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
my sub has a crossover dial that ranges from 0 to 200 hz, volumn control, and a phase switch that is either 0 or 180, what do i put them on, just cant seem to get it right, i have either too much or too little bass. i have floor standing speakers and i have all the channels set to largeon the av amp.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I'm no expert, but i'll tell you how I set mine up.

First, have the phase switch set to whichever sounds the loudest.

Second, gradually turn the crossover until the sub is playing notes that are also being played by your speakers. At this point, back the dial up a tiny bit.

Lastly, gradually adjust the volume until the bass gets boomy, then back it up a touch.

Hope this helps you, fella.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
also, the sub sound will be different depending where you stand in the room, so when you set it up, check it from your listening position.

before that, to get the sub placement right in relation to you listening position, put teh sub where you will listen from, then walk around the room looking for spots where the sub sounds loudest. place it in one of these spots. then set it up as above. you should hear it (i.e. there shoudl be extra depth in the sound), but you should not hear where the sound is coming from (that woudl mean it is set way too loud).

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
You might be better letting the amplifier do the corssover, so that the sub's setting is ignored. The sub should have a switch to allow this.

You'd normally run the auto setup with the gain, (volume), on the sub at about half, and let it gauge the crossover, (though you may then want to adjust). similarly you might find you want to adjust the gain a bit.

The phase will depend on your room and other factors, but basically you're trying to get the sub to respond at the same time as your speakers. If you play music that has some decent bass, and adjust the phase it should sound better at a particular phase setting, where the bass is with the speakers.

A

Anonymous

cheers bretty, sounds alot better, bass comes in only when its needed, ta!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts