Subwoofer room acoustics conundrum

sibelius7

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently added a Rel sub to my my mezzo 2 bookshelfs to fill in some of the bottom frequency range.

The issue I have is that I can't find a good position in the room for the sub. I've done the trick of putting the sub in the listening position and going round the room listening for it. The place it's clearest is ironically standing slightly outside the room :D and I'm not sure having the sub in the hallway is a solution.

Should I persevere or can it be that there just isn't a good position in this particular room?

Room is 6m wide 3 meters deep. 12" sub.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Those are challenging room dimensions for bass, I am in a very similar sized room.

The sub s likely to peak very heavily in the 60hz region - I would consider a bass management solution in one fashion or another to help you out.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
By a very happy forum member in the home theatre section. Seems to be simple to setup to. Just plug it inbetween the sub- out of your preamp & sub-in of the REL. Supposed to do a mighty good job for the money . And the reviews are excellent too :)

sibelius7

May 3, 2009
Visit site
newlash09 said:
By a very happy forum member in the home theatre section. Seems to be simple to setup to. Just plug it inbetween the sub- out of your preamp & sub-in of the REL. Supposed to do a mighty good job for the money . And the reviews are excellent too :)

Yes I did look at these but wasn't keen on the cost. As was suggested above, I do have a surge at about 60hz -40hz. Sounds like from what people are saying, without active measures this problem can't be solved by repositioning. In many respects manually eq-ing would help if a digital eq between amp and speakers exists.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts