Subwoofer Required

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Kef iq5SE fronts, IQ2C, iq1 Rears, Yamaha RVX 1900, Pioneer BDPLX70A BD Player and Sony 'X' Series TV.

Just upgraded from KEF's KHT 2005.2, but still using the PSW 2010 SUB, am finding the bass sounds really flabby when the sub kicks in and when unplugged it's much smoother through the iq5SE's. Have tried turning the sub volume down, but just lose the volume and not the flabby sound. Obviously want to upgrade the sub, but can't decide which one. Have seen the KEF sub's (PSW 2500 & 3500 ) for £200 and £300 respectively on E-Bay, but are these an improvement over the PSW 2010 from the egg system ? Or, have I the 2010 set up incorrectly>???????

Willing to spend up to around £400 but the key is to extend the smooth bass from my iq5se's and not reproduce the flabbyness of the 2010............. Heeeeeelp.........

A

Anonymous

Have you try'd moving the sub around a bit? Subs can get very boomy in the wrong place

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I am running the same speakers as you Ibafsaj only i have the kef 1005 sub, looking around the same budget also.

panasonic th50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic dmr-ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ1's / kef iQ2c / kef psw 1000.2 sub / kef 1005's for back surrounds.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
As already suggested, have you tried moving the sub? Also, you could try and isolate the sub by using one of those granite chopping boards (£10 in Tesco or Asda) or a dedicated subwoofer isolation platform. I would run through your amp's setup though again and if possible use a sound meter to calibrate and integrate the subwoofer.

If you're looking for an upgrade, take a look at the BK subs, they do models to suit most budgets and rooms.

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers.htm

SVS are also highly recommended (I have one) but are probably over budget.

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
One thing seemed to improve the situ was to change the phasing on the sub, it's toned town the flabbyness. No way I can move this, I have a wife (enough said !!).

Might have a trip to tesco's though and try the granite chopping board.

TRENDING THREADS