Subwoofer out of phase

BJB

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
My toddler enjoys fiddling with my system. He recently pulled out the cable to the subwoofer. Without thinking, I tried to re-connect it to the subwoofer without turning it off. I heard a loud thump before even being able to connect the cable. When I referred to the owners manual, it turned out that I was trying to connect it to the wrong input. I turned off the subwoofer and connected the cable to the correct input. I decided to do a speaker calibration just to check that everything is ok. I got a mesage on the screen that indicates that the subwoofer is out phase -2.0db. Does anyone know what this means and what I can do to fix the problem?

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Does the calibration say it's out of phase or did it set the sub -2dB lower? Or Both?

If you have a phase dail on the sub, just put on some music a movie and listen how it sounds with the phase a 0 and 180. The one that gives you the most bass is normally the right setting.

And btw, Audyssey always said my CS center had switched polarity, even though it didn't.

BJB

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your response. The calibration indicated that the subwoofer was out of phase. I will check the phase dial later.

BJB

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
It's a good point SJ, but unfortunately we have an open plan living area so I cannot close off the system from him.

TRENDING THREADS