Subwoofer for 500€?

T.T.

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Recommendations for a sub at around 500€? I have a relatively small room 5x3(meters) and a limited budget as mentioned but I could give a bit more if I'm convinced that it's worth it... My first choice was the svs sb-1000 but unfortunately svs doesn't have a retailer at my country, as it turns out :( and on top of that no store allows home trial so there is practically no way to evaluate a subwoofer, except for reviews... Can anyone help?

T.T.

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
It appears that L-sound does ship without any extra cost for shipping or fees(even though it says that the fee is about 90€), with the initial price at 550€. I don't mind the extra 50€ but it seems kind of suspicious that they don't charge at least the country fees. Can you confirm that it can be trusted?

T.T. said:
It appears that L-sound does ship without any extra cost for shipping or fees(even though it says that the fee is about 90€),  with the initial price at 550€. I don't mind the extra 50€ but it seems kind of suspicious that they don't charge at least the country fees. Can you confirm that it can be trusted?
Yes they're very trustworthy. I bought my subwoofer from them, also spoke to them on the phone. Their after sales support is top class. They repaired my subwoofer under warranty and returned it to me very efficiently.

On the intention of the purchase, nobody seems to have asked why you need one in a modest room? Invariably with audio, as opposed to cinema, the expense does not deliver what you hope.

So, unless you are sure, I'd be asking a dealer for advice.

T.T.

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Although I think the sb-1000 would be just fine for my room, I won't mind if it is an overkill... I love bass and I'm not looking for "perfect sound". I just want an enjoyable system for music and movies. As I see it, the bigger the subwoofer, the more possibilities I'm going to have. Nevertheles an expert's opinion won't hurt, but it would be kind of strange to go to a store to ask about a subwoofer they don't sell :p .

T.T. said:
Although I think the sb-1000 would be just fine for my room, I won't mind if it is an overkill... I love bass and I'm not looking for "perfect sound". I just want an enjoyable system for music and movies. As I see it, the bigger the subwoofer, the more possibilities I'm going to have. Nevertheles an expert's opinion won't hurt, but it would be kind of strange to go to a store to ask about a subwoofer they don't sell :p .
But you could ask how to improve your system with a budget of €500, couldn't you?

nopiano said:
T.T. said:
But you could ask how to improve your system with a budget of €500, couldn't you?
The OP specifically asked about subwoofer, rather than ask a very open ended question.

bigboss said:
nopiano said:
T.T. said:
The OP specifically asked about subwoofer, rather than ask a very open ended question.
I agree bb. But I think it is a reasonable point to make. Folk often genuinely seek something inappropriate, for the want of some alternative view or advice (Recently, I could have done with curtain pole supplier telling me that 35mm poles aren't suitable for off the peg eyelet curtains).

nopiano said:
bigboss said:
nopiano said:
T.T. said:
I agree bb. But I think it is a reasonable point to make. Folk often genuinely seek something inappropriate, for the want of some alternative view or advice (Recently, I could have done with curtain pole supplier telling me that 35mm poles aren't suitable for off the peg eyelet curtains).

Oops. Costly ? Hope the moving in is going well.

You are correct though. Many newbies, and not so newbies seem to think a subwoofer will solve all their ills. Wrong!

Sub woofers are hardly ever useful for music, where mid-bass is more important, unlike movies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts