Subwoofer dilemma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all , need some acvice please . Running an Onkyo SKS-HT528 speaker system off a Onkyo receiver TX-SR507 . Have setup with the Audyssey 2EQ all seemed ok except for the subwoofer . I have connected as per instruction ( I think ) and the Audyssey appeared to find it , but , normally 1st thing for about 5 minutes, the sub makes loud banging noises as if turning itself off then on , driving me bonkers !! Any ideas , thanks in advance .

A

Anonymous

Sounds like some sort of auto-power on Problem to me, the sub will power off until it gets a signal, it them turns on and off. Set the cross over frequency on the sub dial to maximum (if it has one) this allows the AVR to control the sub Information. Then set the volume to just under half way, re-run the setup and see if that helps. If not you may need to power it on manually and off manually each time you use it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that , dont have a sub dial but can change the crossover frequency on the AVR , It states that the sub has a frequency response of 27hz-150hz & the crossover frequency for the size cone 20cm is 60 hz . The highest setting for the smallest speaker is 150-200hz , just what do I set the sub to ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts