Subwoofer Cable

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, at the moment I have a budget cable connected to my subwoofer, a monster cable in fact, but have been itching to upgrade this cable, so question is in this part of a set up can a different cable make any different to the sound ????, many thanks in advance.

Sliced Bread

They do make a difference, but you may find it less noticable than say standard interconnects between source and amplifier.

I upgraded from Monster to QED signature subwoofer cable and noticed a tightening of the bass, but the difference was quite small.

krish123

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
i agree witrh sliced bread, i recently changed my subwoofer cable to qed performance subwoofer cable. the bass now seems more musical and deep, and slightly tighter too, but again the differences are subtle.

A

Anonymous

can i just ask, does the cable to the subwoofer have to be a specific subwoofer cable or can you use a long interconnect?

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
You can use a long interconnect. I agree with the other replies that any improvement will be very subtle if at all. I suggest you save your money and put it towards some new speakers and electronics where the upgrade will probably be more apparent.

songox

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hey! I changed my subs freebe cable to chord cobra a while back now and i can say there was only a minor improvement but recently i bought wireworld stratus 52 mains cable and there was a realy big imrpovement, sub can now go louder, feels deeper, tighter! I know its prety expensive but it could realy put a smile on your face! ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts