Subscription disappointment

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
Took out a sub for the magazine at the Bristol show in February with a complimentary copy of the March issue. Later in March I see the April issue whilst out shopping and think "Hmmm, shouldn't I have that at home?"

I go home and ring the subs office and get informed that my sub will start with the May issue. I then have to buy the April issue when I'm back at the shops next.

Then, later in April, I see the May issue whilst out shopping! Email the subs dept and get told, 'Yes, we can confirm your sub starts with the May issue, thanks for contacting us'. I then have to reply to say 'I already knew that, but I haven't received it'. 'Oh, sorry, we'll send a new copy out'.

Saturday April 30th arrives and I receive my magazine at long last. Just one small problem:- it's a copy of What Car!!

Tuesday 3rd May - subscription cancelled with immediate effect and a 4 week wait for my refund. Sigh!

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
No problem. I'll just go back to purchasing the magazine in the shops like I always have. That way I can guarantee it actually arriving at my house!

smiley-surprised.gif

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
simonali said:
Saturday April 30th arrives and I receive my magazine at long last. Just one small problem:- it's a copy of What Car!!

Tuesday 3rd May - subscription cancelled with immediate effect and a 4 week wait for my refund. Sigh!

Give 'em a chance to sort it out. I've always found them very good.

Just laugh about getting What Car!! Compared to the national debt and starving children in the Third World it's hardly a big deal.

And hey, you may learn something interesting about a Ford Focus ! (can't think what, cars bore me to tears...)

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
They've already told me a cheque will be raised within the next 28 days as way of a refund. I posted the What Car back, as there was nothing of interest in it. Just to add to the mix, the June issue of What Hifi dropped through the door this morning!!

I now don't have a clue whether the sub is running or not? :~

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have the same problem.

I did not received my April issue and since the June issue had been received by some subscribers, I believe my May issue is MIA as well.

Have emailed to the relevant department and each time, they will reply with a standard reply that all records are correct and my mag had been dispatched (copied and pasted). And ignoring to answer other questions I have asked.

Now that the UK edition of the mag is being sold on the local stands, it makes no sense to subscribe anymore and having to chase for MIA copies.

I too have asked for a refund and awaiting reply.

Very disappointed.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew.

It is the UK edition of WHF.

My subscription starts from the Feb issue which I had received and also the Mar issue.

But from the April issue onwards, so far all went MIA.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have been contacted by the subscription team but unfortunately, the outcome is very disppointing. This really made me regret subscribing to the mag in the first place.

I have requested for a refund via cheque but the reply by the subscription team was still a standard operating reply. Asking for my prefer option of payment again for the amount of £49.21. This shows that something is definitely wrong from this team. Do not bother to read my email and understand the issue at all.

And the subscrption team has no way of contacting my local representative that received the mag in bulk and send them out to the local subscribers to find out that has gone wrong. I have already missed the April and May issue. Isn't this a sign that something is not right somewhere?

Best is, I paid £79 for the susciption for 13 issues. I have only received the Feb (starting issue) and Mar 2011 issue. I did not received the Apr and May issue. And my refund works out to be £49.21?

This service is ... I have no words to describe!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
simonali said:
Well no-one ever contacted me again. I did get a full refund, though, which is what matters.

Again apologies for the fact you appear not to have had any further contact, but I'm glad you got your refund.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm still having issue with my subscription.

After the Feb and Mar issue, the April issue onwards went missing in the post some how.

Have to keep contacting Dovetail Subscriptions to get a replacement copy each month since.

I have not even received the Aug issue but the Sep issue is already received by the UK subscribers or even out in the UK stands already.

Until now, no one is able to find out where the problem lies.

When I feedback that I did not received the Jun issue in May, I was sent a replacement copy dated 1st Jun 2011.

And I received it on the 30th June 2011.

I wonder what is the point of subscribing when I will get my copy (after having to keep begging for a replacemnet copy) only after the next month issue is already out? I thought subscribers are supposed to get their copies earlier?

What a joke!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I can also only apologise again on behalf of our subs team, but it seems there is a particular issue with the international aspect here. Have you considered the digital edition of the magazine? Could solve all your problems. Anyhow, apologies again - I will also flag this up to our subs dept as a matter of urgency.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts