Subscribers

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
I'm a subscriber to the Mag but it really annoys me that I never get my mag untill at leats a week or two after I've seen it in the shops. Can I just ask if there is anyone else who is a subscriber that hasn't received their copy yet particularly if you live in Scotland?

When I do eventually get a copy and can confirm that my mailing address is correct. I live in Scotland not far from Livingston, it's not as if I live on the other side of the planet. Does the mag get mailed at a different time for Scotland?

Thanks .

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry you're having to wait for your mags. There really shouldn't be that much delay on normal issues - all the copies get sent out on the same, subs-mailout date, which is a week before the issue goes on sale.

The Awards issue is a slight exception, as we really push production schedules on this one, so we send it out to subscribers and wholesalers at the same time (which means subscribers should get it the same day as it's in shops).

However, i'll pass your feedback onto our distribution guys to see if there's any problem lurking...

A

Anonymous

Sorry to always tack on to the end of a thread like this but I have not received the latest copy either. After contacting the subscriptions office - who are always very helpful to be fair - I got last months copy a week ago. That was the third time I had contacted them and got them to send me a copy because the original had not turned up. I have only been a subscriber for 12 months and if this month's copy does not turn up today it will be 4 from 12, not a good service.

I would have cancelled my subscription to the mag but I really enjoy reading it and do not want to cut off my nose to spite my face. I have read other hifi magazines, and whilst I do enjoy them, none of them cover the whole range of hifi and AV subjects that your mag does. Please please please get your distribution sorted out.

A

Anonymous

YUP - I live in Fife and I am not renewing my subscription. I can get it at WH Smith usually 3 or 4 days before its delivered to my door. Have actually bought this months issue today from WH Smith cos I cannae be bothered waiting.
Luckily my sub runs out next month so not too long to wait now untill I can start getting my copy as quick as anyone else!

Its infuriating

Tesler

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
Well I got home last night and opened the front door and what do I find?Junk mail, the wife's 3 or 4 mail order catalogues, some bills, various take away menus but "No What HiFi awards issue"! Can I just ask how many more day's should I wait before I phone the Circulation department at what HiFi and try to convince them that I haven't received my magazine and ask them to send me a copy? Pretty annoying isn't it when only the junk mail seems to get delivered and not anything you are actually waiting for.

A

Anonymous

I phoned up last night to check on my copy and got told that it was probably not delivered due to the postal strike as only high priority deliveries were being made. Having had at least 3 pieces of junk mail a day for the last week and other sundry items that can hardly be described as priority mail I cancelled my subscription.

I am sorry to have had to do this as I really enjoy reading the mag but the service is very very poor and I am not prepared to put up with it.

A

Anonymous

I live in Sheffield and I've still not got my awards issue. Perhaps wait a few more days before ringing up?

I won't cancel tho since the previous editions have been bang on time

jules

A

Anonymous

Dear All

I manage subscriptions on What Hi-Fi and am really sorry to hear you are having trouble receiving your Awards issue - I can appreciate how frustrating it must be.

I have double-checked and the Awards issues were sent out on time. I hate to blame the mail strikes but it appears we are at the mercy of the postal system for when you will receive the issue.

Another reason why there may be a delay is the issue was embargoed which meant it was mailed a couple days later than normal.

I hope you can understand I am doing everything I can to ensure subscribers receive their copies every month.

With Friendly Wishes

Mark

A

Anonymous

Just had word from Er-in-doors that the awards issue arrived later morning. As I said - it's the first time it's been delayed so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

jules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts