Subsbribers and E-Edition

godfer

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
If this has been raised previously, I'm sorry...but why are Magazine subscriber's not automatically afforded E-Edition access?

godfer

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
If this has been raised previously, I'm sorry...but why are Magazine subscriber's not automatically afforded E-Edition access?

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
We are looking at a number of subscription 'packages' which would include both the print and digital editions, but the details are still being finalised.

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
I, for one have regularly subscribed over the years and previously would have welcomed the "E" addition as a bolt on to that subscription, however I do get increasingly annoyed at the number of electronic gadgets that find their way into an audiophile magazine, phones for example. What is this, What hifi and moblie /thingymajig monthly?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
woodster said:
I, for one have regularly subscribed over the years and previously would have welcomed the "E" addition as a bolt on to that subscription, however I do get increasingly annoyed at the number of electronic gadgets that find their way into an audiophile magazine, phones for example. What is this, What hifi and moblie /thingymajig monthly?

Phones aren't phones anymore, I listen to more music directly from my phone than I do anything else (typically four hours a day in the car).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
woodster said:

Phones aren't phones anymore, I listen to more music directly from my phone than I do anything else (typically four hours a day in the car).

Yep.

With with exception of FM, an occasional CD and (sometimes) Apple lossless from the iMac, all the rest of my listening is streamed from (or via) my iPhone.

I am doing this right now...

8604814469_7e867d85d7.jpg

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
I could of course argue that the phone is not truly an audiophile device, however I get exactly where your at, so I cede to your argument, doesnt stop me ranting or being annoyed.

Personal observation, I wish I had never bought an android phone, back to iphone for me.........side rant

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
woodster said:
I could of course argue that the phone is not truly an audiophile device

Thank goodness for that!

However, I am not using it via it's own DAC through earphones so it's just the source of a digital stream that gets processed by the Marantz.

I admit that the Marantz itself (as good as it is) is hardly an audiophile device. But then, I am not an audiophile so that's fine with me. (Who actually wants to be known as an 'audiophile'? Sounds illegal. Perhaps it should be.)

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Hmm, that reminds me of a particularly volatile and unpleasant circumstance in a community close to Portsmouth, where the good folks confused paedophile with a rather scared local paediatrician. The resulting damage to his property and mindset was terrifying.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
woodster said:
Hmm, that reminds me of a particularly volatile and unpleasant circumstance in a community close to Portsmouth, where the good folks confused paedophile with a rather scared local paediatrician. The resulting damage to his property and mindset was terrifying.

Urban myth. (I live a few miles from where this is reputed to have happened.)

It actually happened in Newport in Gwent...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/901723.stm

... and there are fictional versions of the same story for many large housing estates around the country. (Anywhere that people want to defame neighbouring housing estates basically.)

This last section of this article sheds some light on the origin of the actual event (inspired by a campaign in the News Of The World apparently)...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4719364.stm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts