Sub upgrade

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
That was just a quick throw together.

Yes moving the sub or treating the room.

Treating the room is great but to make big freq response differences requires more commitment than most can do.

So yes moving the sub is the cheapest way.

I will have another look for you when I have more time.
Putting the sub centrally on the main wall looked to give a good response when I was having a fiddle

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
mrpeg%20bass%203_zpsrb2jetqn.png

This is just one sub right in the corner - its significantly better than out from the wall - this is the benefit of on wall or in wall speakers - better bass response as they reduce one of the reflections.

The issue you have is the huge peak at 38hz ish. Its a 20db peak, thats a huge one, I have one at 68hz in my room.

This is where measuring is helpful as you can see what or what not the eq system you are using has done.

Are you are still getting boomy bass even after the eq you use? Is that why you pulled it out of the corner?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
grdunn123 said:
Budget probably £500 - don't know how much better I can get for that considering the Dali retails for same.

Movies - blu ray + Cable tv

Done a little sub crawl, use Audyssey and follow manufacturers guidelines.

svs pb-1000.

TRENDING THREADS