Style speaker package upgrade? Best choice?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

What about the KEF KHT3005SE with the BK XXLS400 woofer then?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Finally made a choice and went with the PV1 upgrade as suggested by WHF. I've had it for 6 days now and i don't know what to think really. It seems really quiet. I've used my amp's auto setup to set. It set crossover to 110hz level at -3.5db and equalization 50hz at -1.5db and 80hz at -2db. When i play test tones on the receiver it sounds really quiet and polite compared to the previous woofer the AS2. On the woofer settings are as suggested in the manual volume at 50% eq at i phase at i and crossover at maximum. I also changed the woofer cable to the qed reference 3m. When i play movies on it it seems not to be there at times which I don't know what to think of. I haven't really tried many big bass movies yet but i've tried the opening of Quantum of Solace and it seemed ok, very fast and clean i guess
emotion-1.gif
but i wanted more slam, i wanted to feel the chair shake. My room is small and i thought 500w would really make a difference. It's placed between the satellites just next to the right one with the B&W sign facing the viewer. I know it needs run in time but is my reaction normal? I expected to be blown away and I wasn't.

A

Anonymous

Ive got a PV 1 and have the volume on it more like 70% and its excellent.

A

Anonymous

give it time friend you will love it in the long run. it a awesone sub

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Don't just settle for one auto set up try a few. Try placing the sub in another location like the back wall corner near a seat, cone facing wall or seat. Tweek the volume up above ref level. Try changing phase + or - see which one is best. If still not making difference change settings for crossover etc manually till you get it how you want. When it's run in a bit more you'll probably need to do another set up. Maybe you just need to work at it a bit more than your last sub.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts