Stupid Question?

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
You can mix brands. Adding a power amp won't necessarily improve sound though.

The input impedance of the power amp should be at least 10 times the output impedance of the preamp.

Also check voltage output/input of the said components (usually 1.4v or 0.775v, I think) to ensure the power amp can deliver full power.

As already suggested, you can pretty much connect any power amp. But it is unlikely you will get a predictable result - apart from disappointment!

I suppose a good place to begin is by asking what you would like to sound better than your integrated amp offers. And what components are you using?

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. It's not that I want to change or add anything i my current set-up just now.... I was just asking as every now and again a local dealer gets pre-owned power amps from the likes of Naim and Linn that seem very reasonably priced. I was genuinely just wondering.....

chris_bates1974 said:
Thanks everyone. It's not that I want to change or add anything i my current set-up just now.... I was just asking as every now and again a local dealer gets pre-owned power amps from the likes of Naim and Linn that seem very reasonably priced. I was genuinely just wondering.....
I hope I didn't miss your signature Chris? Maybe you just added it?

Interestingly with Naim and Linn I'd never mix and match. They need to be with their own preamps as they have characteristic sounds that need pairing with their own kind to be appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts